Fielden confesses his form is way off his best

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
FROM A TO B

Re: Fielden confesses his ...

Post by FROM A TO B »

robjoenz posted:
turf posted:
This thread has nothng to do with Ganson, Klein or ANY of the FT referees!!!!!!!!!!!

This thread is about Stuart Fielden and Stuart Fielden only.

I cannot win on here, I am OBSSESSED if I start/comment on an Ashton thread and I am OBSSESSED if I start/comment on a referees thread.

By the way robjoenz, I thought people called me obssessed with referees!!!
Hehe... I was just saying that if we should support Fielden in order him to improve then we should do the same for Ash and Steve so they can come back better than ever. They're only human too!
Pass the sick bag.
Mind you, anyone who has a photo of the clown with his beloved!
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
tom g

Post by tom g »

I know Fielden is a professional player and we have payed alot of money for him but the lad's mum has not long died. He is a normal human being as well as a rugby player and it could easily still be playing on his mind.I agree he hasn't been playing well but stick with him because he is likely to come good soon.
Glynola

Post by Glynola »

Get a functioning pack together and we'll see how effective Fielden can be.

For me the attitude towards recruitment this season was one of presuming that Fielden can play at full intensity for 80mins every single game. But you cannot assume that any prop is going to be able to do this for every single game.

Get Fielden in a pack of himself, Ryles, Feka and O'Carrol/Prescott, in addition to a decent hooker; then we'll start seeing the best of him again.
Everything they do is so dramatic and flamboyant. It just makes me want to set myself on fire!
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

The thing is if he is saying he is playing badly, and he is not doing any different preperation, well, then he needs to start thinking about doing some more or differrent preperation. Its ok to say "well this used to work fine, but now its not for some reason", he needs to have a think about how he can change his prep to get better performances.

I like feilden and even though i think he looks like he has as much chance as breaking the defense as me winning the lottery, i still think we are better off with him in the team than without.

He's made the first step by admitting there's something wrong the next step is doing something about it.
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

robjoenz posted:
turf posted:
Well, I suppose this debate could run forever but the bottom line is that instead of slating him, we need to get behind him and he needs our backing.
The same goes for Ganson and Klein, then too, Turf? :wink:
Don't confuse loss of form (Fielden) with incompetence (the refs). Those two clowns were merely exposed for what they are whereas we know Fielden can do better :wink:

Dave