Gareth Hock

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Webby71

Gareth Hock

Post by Webby71 »

Why since the defeat on Sat is everyone targeting Fielden & O'Loughlin? Yeah they didn't have good games but neither did the rest. One player in particular who is continuing to annoy and frustrate me is Gareth Hock, his discipline has never been great but you can forgive that when a player is playing well, but he's playing dreadful and surely needs a spell on the bench to wake him up, the lad is a liability and costs us more yards and creates more pressure than any other player. Yet he never seems to get critisised on this message board, I know we're paying alot for Fielden but Hock is an international too but not on this seasons evidence. Maybe he should refrain from drinking super strength cans off lager at the back of Beech Hill shops with his old mates???
- psycho -

Re: Gareth Hock

Post by - psycho - »

he also offers our best go forward minus feka, who isn't on long enough to make the impact. that's why people don't target him as much.
"what ever happens... we stick together... we stay together... we survive."

-------------------------------------
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

He is one of few warriors forwards who actually hits the ball running off either lu lu or barret, which imo is what a forward should do. He also looks to hit the gap, which again i think he is the only wigan forward to do so. He looks to offload which creates extra meters and to bring the game alive. He also runs outwide at a playmaker and centres which often creates a lot of yards.
What do the rest of our forwards do compared to that ? Run it in from standing still and making little impact.

Also may i add, harrison hansen is looking promising, always attempting to hit the gap at speed which is a great way of making yards.
Against huddersfield a few weeks ago he started the match and made more tackles in the first 20 minutes then the rest of the team put together. Used the great techniquie of going around the waist and working the floor. Without the risk of hightackles and flops.

Lockers, our captain has given away i think its the 3rd highest amount of penaltys in the league, great examples he is setting. Often high tackles and stupidity school boy errors around the play the ball.

Is fletcher going next year as he is also a penalty machine and attempts to be a ball handler which is sometimes why we lack go forward men.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
the-Bowtun-Warrior

Post by the-Bowtun-Warrior »

- psycho - posted:
he also offers our best go forward minus feka, who isn't on long enough to make the impact. that's why people don't target him as much.
Agreed! He's one of the few who have the passion we expect as fans!
Owen Coyles Super White Army!!!

DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Webby71 posted:
Yet he never seems to get criticised on this message board,
I don't think that is true. I have certainly discussed he errors on here before.

As others have said though when he gets it right he is our best forward. He is certainly a better player than O'Loughlin who gives away as much but doesn't offer as much as Hock.

Dave
stevocod

Post by stevocod »

pie eaters posted:
the-Bowtun-Warr ior posted:
- psycho - posted:
Agreed! He's one of the few who have the passion we expect as fans!
He is but he is starting to become a liability with giving far too many pens away and it needs sorting.
Some people say that about Lockers, but no he lays the platform to strike!! As far as i am concerned the best support runner i have seen in the Wigan shirt (In my life time!) was Shaun Edwards and by no way are half these guys minus Barrett are even up to that standard.
OAMJSONA

Post by OAMJSONA »

Stevo

we go from the sublime to the riduculous by trying to compare them to Edwards

:eusa17: :eusa17: :eusa17: :eusa17:
Wigan is and always will be a town of Cherry & White

stevocod

Post by stevocod »

OAM posted:
Stevo

we go from the sublime to the riduculous by trying to compare them to Edwards

:eusa17: :eusa17: :eusa17: :eusa17:
I know but still, Lockers is overated and his platform is simple offloads that are one dimensional nonsense, which hardly are creative to Barrett or Dobson's standards, let alone Edwards.
OAMJSONA

Post by OAMJSONA »

stevo

dnt start me off on Lockers

e1 knows how i feel about him :baaa:
Wigan is and always will be a town of Cherry & White

OAMJSONA

Post by OAMJSONA »

stevo

dnt start me off on Lockers