kevin Brown, a worry

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
ian.birchall

kevin Brown, a worry

Post by ian.birchall »

Worried 5/6 weeks ago that Kevin Brown seemed to be stuck at a return in '2 weeks' for about 4 weeks, he comes back lasts 15 minutes and is out for another 3 weeks, comes back last week and I see in the Wigan Evening Post that he is not likely to be playing this week because of pain in his leg. It would appear that his leg isn't healing as everyone would like.
Perhaps it is time to write off this season, break the lads' leg again on the operating table and start the recovery again ready for next season . :idea:
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
MrsLam

Re: kevin Brown, a worry

Post by MrsLam »

Real talent for the future, shame about the injury.
Don't think we should rush him back into any games this season, it's clearly much more serious than we first thought.
Hope he fully recovers soon and is out next season to help us have a succesful season.
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
John M

Post by John M »

Bloody hell Ian. A bit drastic breaking the poor lads leg again! Are you into bondage as well lol!!
Monie is God!

Long live Monie the king!!
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Agreed. Looks like this season is pretty much a write-off anyway...though I'd be delighted to be proved wrong. No point risking him, until he's fully fit again, even if it does mean the rest of the season.
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

MrsLam posted:
...is out next season to help us have a succesful season.
I'd think we'd do better if he wasn't out for next season!

That's it though guys write us all off, don't bother going to any more matches this season, we're a lost cause, throw the season ticket away. Come on, the season isn't over until the final whistle of the knock-out stages is blown. Get behind the lads at the JJB and do everything we can to get behind the team!
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

robjoenz posted:
That's it though guys write us all off, don't bother going to any more matches this season, we're a lost cause, throw the season ticket away. Come on, the season isn't over until the final whistle of the knock-out stages is blown. Get behind the lads at the JJB and do everything we can to get behind the team!
Not saying that Rob, I haven't missed a game yet, I'm not going to, and I'll still be shouting myself hoarse tonight!
The question is, do we risk half-fit players for the last 3 games, when realistically 4th spot is the best we can do (which only means we play Skints at KR instead of the JJB, and we'll win that one either way.
Can we win it from 4th/5th? Yes, but only with a fully fit squad (except Scully)
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

Robjoenz, time to be realistic, we are going nowhere this season but I will still be driving 147 miles to see tonights game but Superleague 9 is a write off with our injury problems.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

You're talking like it's over already, it isn't! We've three games left this season and then play-off matches, until the end of the last game we feature in it isn't over. We just have to let them focus on the next game ahead and if we win it we have a better chance. If we goto games with the attitude that it's pointless there's no point in going.
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

No, it's not over but it's unlikely we'll get higher than 5th looking at the fixtures other teams have left. We got there from 3rd last year and it's the same amount of games we have to play this year, but with injuries our starting line up is looking frail, in my opinion anyway. There's a lot of overtime going in from all our lads I know that and I also know that they'll try their best to get us to that final and to win it but it's very obvious that they're tiring.

Come play offs am sure it'll be a different story, maybe we'll get a new lease of energy when they realise that it's now or never. I was there shouting my loudest tonight, and am regretting it a bit 'cause my throat is burning now :(
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!