Long's ban reduced...

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
robjoenz

Long's ban reduced...

Post by robjoenz »

... by a day, so that he can face Bradford. I wonder how much Sky had in the RFLs decision?
MrsLam

Re: Long's ban reduced...

Post by MrsLam »

http://www.rfl.uk.com/Templates/RFLDefa ... &CompName=

Absolute $h**e that.
What's the point in giving a ban and then reducing it anyway?
I'm not over exaggerating or owt (:)) but it's exactly the same as someone getting life in prison and being released 1 day later...

It's giving them a bigger chance of making the final now though, Long might not be match fit but he'll be training with the team. Let's hope he gets completely flattened that match :D
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
wolftown warrior

Post by wolftown warrior »

that is disgraceful, wasn`t there a piece in some newspaper the other day?? comment from the RFL about, not letting a prisoner out at 10 pm if he is due to be released at 12.. or some stupid phrase..

soon changed there minds there!!
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

MrsLam posted:
I'm not over exaggerating or owt (:)) but it's exactly the same as someone getting life in prison and being released 1 day later...
:D
Be a bit smelly though by then - a day earlier might be better. :wink:

One rule for them, one for us. Maybe we should have tried to get Newton's ban reduced because he could have played in a darts match for one of his games, and they didn't specify two rugby games.
WiganWarrior

Post by WiganWarrior »

Apparently it hasnt been reduced just the decision when the ban ends has been changed so it ends at midnight that day which allows him to play :(
Wigan til i Die !!!!

"Its like a game of union the ball disappears for 3-4 tackles then appears to be kicked" BBC GMR
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

There's been a lengthy discussion about this on another board. The fact is, he has not served a full 3 months since the ban was issued (even if only by a few hours). Time off for good behaviour?
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

Robjoenz, got there in the end then, but falling further behind the old folks pin up :roll:
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.