Man of Steel

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Mike
Site Admin

Man of Steel

Post by Mike »

In the light of Vainakolo setting a new SL record of 46 tries in a season with his hatrick tonight - ahead of Danny McGuire - I can't see anyway McGuire could be man of steel. He has had a great season but, if his main strength is as a try scoring support player, then he isn't even the best in the scoring charts.

Hopefully this leaves the way clear for Faz to take the award that is rightfully his for his courageous and consistently inspirational performances this season. :)
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
MrsLam

Re: Man of Steel

Post by MrsLam »

Agreed there. It's a lot easier to take a good pass and score the try than make some good play and the try even if somebody else does score it. He's put in 100% effort every match he's played and he's played completely out of position AND with a broken nose! Can't possibly choose anyone else more devoted this year.

I might dress up as cat woman and stand on the jjb roof with a "Justice for Faz" banner...oohh the ideas just keep rolling in:D
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
wolftown warrior

Post by wolftown warrior »

think faz deserves it this year.. he has dragged the team along at times this year and we all saw the guts etc playing through the broken nose, re breaking it himself on the pitch, to straighten it.. wow.. 110% every week..

he has been outstanding, but the peopple over at the RFL will probebly pick young danny..
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

Mike, 46 tries in a season would be some record, even 36 isn't bad :lol:
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

oops, 36 even....heat of the moment and every thing... :doz:
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
WiganWarrior

Post by WiganWarrior »

maybe a prediction for the end of the season eh mike?
Wigan til i Die !!!!

"Its like a game of union the ball disappears for 3-4 tackles then appears to be kicked" BBC GMR
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

MrsLam posted:
I might dress up as cat woman and stand on the jjb roof with a "Justice for Faz" banner...oohh the ideas just keep rolling in:D
I'd pay to watch... :wink:

Yeah, Faz HAS to win it this year.