MrsLam, Bags packed yet?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Fraggle

Re: MrsLam, Bags packed ye...

Post by Fraggle »

MrsLam posted:
Fraggle I took your advice and now you're fully responsible for my actions last night, can't remember them but I'm sure the police (situated right next door) will be round soon to jog my memory :D
And yesterday was Sunday, so nowhere was open as late! This year's new students in Manchester seem a bit more restrained than last year, some of them last year started partying within 2 hours of arriving on Saturday afternoon. This year they seemed to wait until the Sunday night before opening the beer. I think mummy and daddy were hanging around a lot longer this year.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

We had a club opened for the pink banders (all freshers have been branded with these pink waterproof things) apparently it was only open for us last night, was quite nice of them and then a very kind young man from my floor gave me a piggy back home so altogether my first night was a success :D

Shame I couldn't come on Sat, was working all day and then went out with my work lot so I only got here yesterday with a serious hangover, had my head out the window most the journey down for fresh air.
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Beer! Mmmmm!
I went to Glasgow Uni - needed a LOT of beer before I could understand them! But I did my best, of course!

Enjoy every minute of it, MrsLam, it all seems to pass so quickly, then the "real world" bites you on the @#~&%!

Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

GeoffN posted:
Enjoy every minute of it, MrsLam, it all seems to pass so quickly, then the "real world" bites you on the @#~&%!
Alternatively, get a job at a University and you can kind of have the best of both worlds. Or so I'm told, although it doesn't seem to be the case in my experience...

Hope the Freshers' Events are going better than here, the bar in my residence ran out of booze at 10 last night so I, as the only person with a car, was driving around Manchester trying to find a 24 hour supermarket to buy some more supplies. Not a good start to the week.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

Or be like my son who after a break of 10 years has decided to go back for a year and do a second masters degree. Be warned though, after his first he told his dad that he did not know whether he had done 3 years work in 1 year or had spread 1 years work over 3 years for his original B.Sc. :roll:
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

Definitely sounds better here then! We've been in loads of pubs getting deals with our cards and then stumbled back to our floors and drinking more, there's about 20 of us on each floor, londoners and leeds peoples, although I was jumping up and down today because I saw a lad in a wigan shirt in princes quay, housemates thought i'd completely lost it :D

:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!