t'Wires Penny.

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
ian.birchall

t'Wires Penny.

Post by ian.birchall »

The really frightening thought for me yesterday was how many tries this lad could score if he was on the wing for t'Stains. Fast, he makes Martin Offiah look like Millard. :lol:
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
Matthew

Re: t'Wires Penny.

Post by Matthew »

ian.birchall posted:
The really frightening thought for me yesterday was how many tries this lad could score if he was on the wing for t'Stains. Fast, he makes Martin Offiah look like Millard. :lol:
Maybe now...
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------
Banksy

Post by Banksy »

I think he really is one for the future a great turn of speed, yesterday he skimmed 3 Stains tacklers with raw pace. I think his defence needs to be worked on a little but that will get much better through experience.
the pieman

Post by the pieman »

I used to work with his mum

He was a basketball player and thought about trials with wire

The offered him something on 1st showing from what I am led to believe

He / they were worried about his size etc

Cullen just saw his main asset - speed and said we can teach him how to play, we cant teach him how to run like that
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Blinding speed BUT little else YET. No step.
shawcross da warrior

Post by shawcross da warrior »

doesnt need a step with speed like that........

he reminds me of stefan marsh who is at the warriors now only just signed on.....

i used to play with him at pats and he was lightening quick and still ias but he has a killer step on him aswell......

a warning to super league defences in the future.....if he gets passed you dont chase him because you wont catch him.......
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I disagree. At the moment Penny is no better than Gary Henley Smith or Brimah Kebbie. You need more than speed.

Re Stefan. He has been superb so far for the academy. He makes his own tries with those steps and his speed. The new recruits look far better rugby players than the 2nd year U18s.
highland convert

Post by highland convert »

cpwigan posted:
Blinding speed BUT little else YET. No step.
As a basket ball player he will have a step that will put most flying wingers to shame. It the try down the line he made top class player look stupid including iron man wellans. That was step not speed. An esencial discapline in basketball. I played basketball before rugby. It was easy to break a line with a step a the lineout. No lifting in those days. Kid to watch. once the conditioning coaches get his weight right and he matures watch out. HC
Cruncher

Post by Cruncher »

Deinitely one to watch out for. But he's got a long way to go before he can seriously be compared to Offiah.

He could do with going to another club too. Young speedsters of his type really come out of their shells when they're part of an effective unit. When Offiah first started, he benefited enormously from being on the end of a devastating Widnes three-quarter line. Can't see Penny getting many of those opportunities while he's at Wire.
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Cruncher posted:
Deinitely one to watch out for. But he's got a long way to go before he can seriously be compared to Offiah.

He could do with going to another club too. Young speedsters of his type really come out of their shells when they're part of an effective unit. When Offiah first started, he benefited enormously from being on the end of a devastating Widnes three-quarter line. Can't see Penny getting many of those opportunities while he's at Wire.
Not so sure about that; I wouldn't mind Johnson & Gleeson as our centres.