Out of the mouths of babes.....

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Wight Pie

Out of the mouths of babes.....

Post by Wight Pie »

... and wives (apologies to the ladies - Mrs Lam etc)

My Mrs has informed me that we're going out tomorrow night and so I won't be able to go to the game as we're off to see friends in Keswick!!

Upon seeing my obvious distress she said 'I didn't think it was important... you only played Saints the other week!'

I had to laugh (or was that grimace) or I'd have cried! Good job I haven't had a chance to get my ticket yet is all I can say!

Looks like I'll be relying on regular text updates from friends. Thank god for mobiles.
silver surfer

Re: Out of the mouths of babes...

Post by silver surfer »

I, too will not be at the match due to a prior engagement (bad planning) but I will be able to watch the 1st half before we go and record the second half, hoping no-one gives the score away whist we're out. Good Luck Lads, You Can Do It. :exc:
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Wight Pie posted:
... and wives (apologies to the ladies - Mrs Lam etc)

My Mrs has informed me that we're going out tomorrow night and so I won't be able to go to the game as we're off to see friends in Keswick!!

Upon seeing my obvious distress she said 'I didn't think it was important... you only played Saints the other week!'

I had to laugh (or was that grimace) or I'd have cried! Good job I haven't had a chance to get my ticket yet is all I can say!

Looks like I'll be relying on regular text updates from friends. Thank god for mobiles.
http://www.quickie-divorce.com
Wight Pie

Re: Out of the mouths of b...

Post by Wight Pie »

silver surfer posted:
I, too will not be at the match due to a prior engagement (bad planning) but I will be able to watch the 1st half before we go and record the second half, hoping no-one gives the score away whist we're out. Good Luck Lads, You Can Do It. :exc:
If I'm lucky I might get some signal on GMR or BBC Lancs on the way up but the minute I leave the M6 that's that!

Lets just say no flowers for Mrs Wight Pie for the forseeable future....
WiganWarrior

Post by WiganWarrior »

im in the same boat so to speak but on the upside i cant get the game but will make it for kick off at the pub so at least ill see it
Wigan til i Die !!!!

"Its like a game of union the ball disappears for 3-4 tackles then appears to be kicked" BBC GMR
Alex the Warrior

Post by Alex the Warrior »

Alex the Warrior shakes head in disbelief and leaves thread.
From Mission Impossible (1991) to The Great Escape (2006)
mario

Post by mario »

silver surfer posted:
You'll be able to watch the second half later already knowing it's all over for Saints!
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

Alex t'Warrior. Well said. I think all these unbelievers should be blocked from the thread for 6 months as punishment. Back in 1970 I caused ructions in the family by going to a Wigan/Stains game and to prove it wasn't a one off I did it again in 2001, you have got to draw the line somewhere.
My next seat neighbour at the JJB was bemoaning the fact last week that she had already booked her coach ticket to Derby on Saturday thinking that the Warriors would be playing Friday. Cancel the coach ticket is the obvious answer, are these people completely off the planet????? :roll: :roll:
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
kt4ever_1

Post by kt4ever_1 »

I cant get there coz no one is nice enough to take me!!! Only couple more years then i can drive there!!
Take me home wigan road to a place i belong wigan rugby not the latics take me home wigan road!