Longy Longy Whats the Score?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
WiganWarrior

Longy Longy Whats the Score?

Post by WiganWarrior »

Come on WIGAN an amazing game shakey start but got better i got worried that saints would steel it (typical scousers lol) but amazing game from all the team put in a very good effort. Sorry to Robinson being sold now.

A few handling errors that shouldnt have been there, i think saints had a good game i thought it was even play for most of it, but our fortress is still solid and will be next friday against wakey

i think the video ref was excellent took a good amount of time to make sure correct decision was given

Overall Congrats Lads keep up the good work we can go call the way

:) :) :)
Wigan til i Die !!!!

"Its like a game of union the ball disappears for 3-4 tackles then appears to be kicked" BBC GMR
robjoenz

Re: Longy Longy Whats the Scor...

Post by robjoenz »

It was a decent game, one I thought we deserved to win. As per usual Russell Smith didn't give us any decisions. We lay on we get penalised, fair enough, they (esp. Higham) lay on on each tackle and we get nowt. Then there was the offsides which I won't go into.

I thought our defensive play was brilliant with the exception of their try. Our attacking play on the other hand had a lot less to be desired. Yet again Farrell carried us. Orr was tackling well in parts but his forward play lacked... well, everything really, if it wasn't for Newton's dodgy thumb I would have reckoned we brought Luke on for him. It was the same with Brett Dallas, although he looked injured with no replacement with Radders off. Brett knocked on quite a few times and wasn't even looking at the return pass from Newton when the try was in the bag. Radlinksi and Smith also knocked on a bit but Radders looked to have taken a couple of head knocks.

I hope that the knocks we picked up are all sorted by next week because I think it will be much more of a battle than most people think, there were a fair few people tonight talking as if we were playing Bulls or Rhinos next.

Well done to Stains though, they put up a good fight especially nearer the end but after 80 minutes we deserved the win and I'm looking forward to Wakefield now! :D
MrsLam

Re: Longy Longy Whats the ...

Post by MrsLam »

Apparently when Kris did that try saving tackle he basically got knocked out, he doesn't even remember being on the pitch never mind that tackle! Bless, puts his body on the line literally.
Brett had an awful game poor lad, but I've got faith in him for coming back next week and having a man of the match performance.
Thought Faz as usual was everywhere, again how can anyone else get man of steel this year?

Overall a brilliant win great atmosphere, we shut the scousers up and set them off arguing between themselves on the way home, dont know if anyone else saw the fight on canal path, felt like singing "you're the scum of rugby league" but we were stuck in traffic and my mums car is new so I didnt risk it.
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

A very pleasant evening out!

I agree with all the comments above, Especially the brilliant defence! Dallas made a few uncharacteristic mistakes in attack, but he was awesome in defence, and clearly injured as that break right at the end showed. Lockers just shaded MOTM ahead of Faz, in my opinion - didn't see who was given it at the game.
To keep Skints tryless for 75 minutes is superb.
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

GeoffN posted:
didn't see who was given it at the game
Lockers
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Cheers Rob. First time they've ever agreed with me, I think.