Nat Wood ???

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
100% Warrior

Nat Wood ???

Post by 100% Warrior »

:D

Firstly, I have to congratulate the guys on their superb effort last night.

Especially in the first half when we were being slaughtered on the penalty count, to hang in there when Saints were camped in our half for near enough 30 minutes was a great defensive performance. What a tackle by Radders to prevent the Saints from posting a try.

:angry:

Anyway, why are we releasing Luke Robinson to supposedly sign Nat Wood from Warrington. It just doesn't make any sense at all to me.

We currently have in our squad a player who most pundits agree is potentially one of the best scrum halfs produced in Britain for some time, and we're releasing him for a player who Warrington appear to be willing to release !!

Am I mistaken or did Luke not score a try and set one up last night. When that kid came on last night it seemed to lift the attacking department of the team.

In my opinion letting Luke leave will prove to be a massive mistake.
robjoenz

Re: Nat Wood ???

Post by robjoenz »

I think everyone shares that view except the complete idiot that choses the squad for Dennis/Mike. Even those that argued Luke wasn't good enough for Wigan and wouldn't make the cut now can't deny he's been a top player in the last few weeks and that Lindsay has lost the plot. On the Super League show today, Kear, Cullen and Harry Gration were all singing his praises with his try and set-up and saying what an acquisition it is for Salford.

If we do sign nat Wood or any other scrum-half for that matter it just reaffirms what a *****r Maurice is, he'd have lied to everyone saying we have no room under the salary cap/20-20 rule. It's about time he was forced to step down. Our squad building for next season has seen us lose some top players and bring in 5 less unproven players (with exception of Seuseu), we've struggled this year with unjuries but next will potentially be worse.

Luke leaving is a great mistake, Maurice leaving would just be great. Nat Wood would probably play well for us for the short-term but I'm sick of high money short-term signings when we can promote our own youth or sign lower league players like we did with Danny Sculthorpe.
100% Warrior

Post by 100% Warrior »

:(

I just don't know what is happening with regards to our recruitment policy.

So far we have leaving/released/retiring Quentin Pongia, Gary Connolly, Craig Smith, Adrian Lam, Terry O'Connor, Mick Cassidy, Luke Robinson and David Hodgson. That's a total of 8 players if I have remembered them all.

We have signed Jerry SeuSeu, Luke Davico and David Vaeliki, also I think senior squad contracts have been given to Bryn Hargreaves, Liam Colbon and Chris Melling. So that's a total of six new recruits.

Therefore, I am unable to see any reason to allow Robinson to leave. If we had kept Robbo on, it would have been 7 players out, 6 players in.
primrose-n-blue

Post by primrose-n-blue »

I don't think your signing Nat Wood, all the signs are there that its gonna be Ben Jeffries.
:doz:
the grinch

Post by the grinch »

hes a good player and would be a good signing for us.its just a shame we cant keep the players we bring through our own acadamy. all we seem to be doing is developing players and giving them away. is ben jeffries comming to wigan for nothing? you bet hes not.
dont let your victories go to your head or your failures go to your heart
WiganWarrior

Post by WiganWarrior »

I was speaking to a wire fan in work he said he wouldnt be sad to see nat wood to go, he said he's not consistant he can be really good or really poor, we should have definatly keep robinson esp based on his last performances, and considering i think he's been with wigan for 9years. oh well to late now
Wigan til i Die !!!!

"Its like a game of union the ball disappears for 3-4 tackles then appears to be kicked" BBC GMR