Concessionary tickets

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
GeoffN

Concessionary tickets

Post by GeoffN »

I went down today to get tickets for the seni and for the Saints away game. and I was struck by the big difference in concessionary prices (for my mum & dad) for the two games, compared to the full prices.

for the semi- final, adult £17 concessionary £5

for Saints, adults £16 concessionary £11

It's costing them twice as much to go to Saints, yet I'm paying virtually the same for both games.

Doesn't make sense.

the big i

Re: Concessionary tickets

Post by the big i »

Agreed, considering the standards of both grounds compared but I'm not complaining because I am on the under 16 vouchers so its a free ticket to the stains game :D
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

the big i posted:
Agreed, considering the standards of both grounds compared but I'm not complaining because I am on the under 16 vouchers so its a free ticket to the stains game :D
Don't forget to exchange your voucher for a ticket befotre the game, though! No admittance on the day with just the voucher.
the big i

Post by the big i »

Already done but thanks for the reminder
fitzy

Post by fitzy »

those concessionary tickets do come in handy :D :D
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

GeoffN posted:
I went down today to get tickets for the seni and for the Saints away game. and I was struck by the big difference in concessionary prices (for my mum & dad) for the two games, compared to the full prices.

for the semi- final, adult £17 concessionary £5

for Saints, adults £16 concessionary £11

It's costing them twice as much to go to Saints, yet I'm paying virtually the same for both games.

Doesn't make sense.
There always has been quite a range of concession prices... when I was a student it was only £3 to get into Griffin Park, £5 to get in at Bradford, £6 to get in at Leeds and I think it was £10.50 or so to get in at Huddersfield.

I think the adult prices are what's steep. Rugby prices are rapidly creeping up on the price of football tickets. That's one reason I stopped watching football and started to watch RL.
Bring on the Warriors

Post by Bring on the Warriors »

When my dad went to get our tickets on wednesday, he was told that he couldn't purchase concession tickets for us for the semi even though he took proof of me being a student and him being over 60. But we paid concession prices for saints. I took it that they were just selling concessions prices for kiddies. This meant I had to pay 17 pounds instead of 5! Has this happened to anybody else?
Proud to be a Wiganer!!!
the big i

Post by the big i »

It says on the official site that concessionary tickets do apply to over 65's but odesn't say anything about students
OJ

Post by OJ »

Its the RFL knowing when they are on a winner! They know full well that a lot of people who wouldn't normally go will be there just to see and be at the first challenge cup at the new Wembley so whilst they mithered the living daylights out of many of us on here before the Millenium Magic weekend because they couldn't get within a country mile of filling Cardiff they have now done a complete about turn. There are no deals for 6 tickets for the price of 5 like they have had previously. They were trying to
charge a 9 month old £70 for being there with his parents until the mother rightly kicked off about it and they ended up doing a u turn but only after they realised the media had got wind of the story. They have a different set of rules for concessions than the clubs for both younger and older fans and their answer is that there is a demand for tickets. I may be wrong about this but tickets seem to have been distributed by scatter gun. There is no easy access to info on who will sit where - I mean how hard is it to say the winners of Saints/Bradford will be allocated stands A & B and winner of Wigan/Catalans will be allocated stand X & Y? Then there are the 17,000 seats allocated to Wembley club season ticket holders - what's that all about? - not the RFL's fault that one but would the same situation arise at Cardiff or Murrayfield?

For a bunch of people charged with promoting the family game and improving it they are clueless and are the market leaders in incompetence and dumb ideas.
Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Bring on the Warriors posted:
When my dad went to get our tickets on wednesday, he was told that he couldn't purchase concession tickets for us for the semi even though he took proof of me being a student and him being over 60. But we paid concession prices for saints. I took it that they were just selling concessions prices for kiddies. This meant I had to pay 17 pounds instead of 5! Has this happened to anybody else?
I had no problem getting ours on Weds; 3 concessionary (over 60s) and 1 junior, as well as 3 adult full price ones. Got the Saints ones at the same time, which is when the big difference in prices struck me.
They're advertising concessionaries for the semi on the website, so your dad should have been able to get them.