final tickets

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
FROM A TO B

Re: final tickets

Post by FROM A TO B »

There will be enough for ST holders, so if not a ST holder, then maybe wise getting direct from RFL.
I'm going to wait until we beat Catalan and then get mine in the Wigan end!
When I phoned the RFL, they said approx 10k.
I don't expect every ST holder to go and know that quite a few have bought already, so not worried :)
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
fitzy

Post by fitzy »

I hope your right a to b because I would rather wait and get my ticket in the wigan end to :D
OAMJSONA

Post by OAMJSONA »

how come the rugby only get 10.0000 and football get twice as many

i think the final should be taken away from Wembley

it is a ridiculous situation with the there being as many as 10,0000 empty seats

we have got our tickets direct from the RFL
Wigan is and always will be a town of Cherry & White

- psycho -

Post by - psycho - »

OAM posted:

it is a ridiculous situation with the there being as many as 10,0000 empty seats

we playing at the nou camp!? :lol:
"what ever happens... we stick together... we stay together... we survive."

-------------------------------------
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

- psycho - posted:
OAM posted:

we playing at the nou camp!? :lol:
It would be a better idea if we did.

This is absolutely pathetic. 10,000 seats for the two finalists, is this how they expect the sport to be taken seriously? It's a massive insult when there isn't even enough for season ticket holders. If this is what comes of having a national stadium then I say let's go back to Cardiff or Murrayfield and sod the tradition. Just because football puts money ahead of the sport doesn't mean that we should go down the same route. We've had excellent Challenge Cup finals in different places over the last few years, we don't need Wembley if Wembley isn't going to let the fans enjoy one of the biggest days of the season. We might as well have the final at the McAlpine, plenty of room there for both teams to have 10,000 tickets each.

Although there will be one more potential season ticket holder ticket available for Wembley because I'll be in Taiwan on August Bank Holiday so I can't go. I'm cheering for the French during the semi-final...!
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
the pieman

Post by the pieman »

way I see it there are 2 sides to the argument

If wigan / saints / bradford get through then it should sell out, not sure about the club wembley issue

If cats get through there are going to be plenty of spaces left, just like last year when Huddersfield made it

Last year was the 1st time I can remember a cup final not being full by some way as Hudds only took one man and his dog
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

the pieman posted:
way I see it there are 2 sides to the argument

If wigan / saints / bradford get through then it should sell out, not sure about the club wembley issue

If cats get through there are going to be plenty of spaces left, just like last year when Huddersfield made it

Last year was the 1st time I can remember a cup final not being full by some way as Hudds only took one man and his dog
Take off the 17k "Club Wembley" seats that can't be sold, and the capacity becomes 73,000.

As you say, the lack of Huddersfield fans meant that last year's attendance was only 65k, but the three years before that, at Cardiff, were all over 70k.

2004 Wigan v Saints was 73,734.
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Googling "club wembley" and I came across this article:

http://www.chelsea.vitalfootball.co.uk/ ... sp?a=62346

Interesting for a couple of reasons:

"It was widely expected that large numbers of these seats could well come up for sale, at vastly inflated prices, on the open market."

That might not be the case for the CC final - they may well be cheaper than face value, as demand will be so much less.

"We advise you not to wear club colours, we may at our sole discretion, refuse you or your guests entry to the stadium or remove you or your guests."

"Please remember that fans are not segregated in Club Wembley."

wouldn't be an issue for RL, but I wonder if they'd still enforce it?
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

we have our tickets about 60 at last count ,and quite a few season ticket holders in that :cool:
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
becky b

Post by becky b »

Just booked mine to from rlf only got 26 pound and 21 pounds tickets left