Salary Cap 2006

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Poster

Salary Cap 2006

Post by Poster »

Heard last night that Clubs will get offical notification next week prior to Public announcement.This will allow them to reply to findings before it becomes open knowledge.Also insider said Mo has no worries this time. I am not sure he is ever worried so this means nothing.
fitzy

Re: Salary Cap 2006

Post by fitzy »

I hope mo has a good reason not to worry because we cant afford any type of points deduction this season if we want a top six finish say we had 4 points taken off us we'd be 10th level on points with hull kr :(
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

A top 6 finish is not important, SL survival is, we only just got away with it last season, we are doing quite well so quite a few are getting excited thinking we have a chance at SL glory, if we end up with a deduction whether it be 2, 4 or 6 then so be it as long as we finish above the 10th position im not ereally bothered, but if we get the mythical 12 point deduction then we could be buggered
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Saints, Bradford & Leeds all get 12 point deductions, we get nothing and go top.

Saints then get a £2million bill from the taxman and go bust.

We beat Bradford at Wembley, and Leeds at Old Trafford to do the double.

...then I wake up... :roll:
Leyther Pie

Post by Leyther Pie »

pieater-alex posted:
I think we're going to get deducted points.
We should be ok. my understanding was that the rfl checked our books before we signed Fielden and cleared us. If we get pulled regarding the salary cap then the rfl want ****ing :conf:
I've never felt more like singing the Blues
When the Wiganers win and the Leythers lose.
shawcross da warrior

Post by shawcross da warrior »

if only geoffn if only........

we have to have points deducted we signed fielden end of hes on a big wage we went over.....
Cruncher

Post by Cruncher »

Leyther Pie posted:
pieater-alex posted:
I think we're going to get deducted points.
We should be ok. my understanding was that the rfl checked our books before we signed Fielden and cleared us. If we get pulled regarding the salary cap then the rfl want ****ing :conf:
Unfortunately it doesn't work that way.

All the RFL wanted after the Fielden signing was clarification from Wigan that they were going to re-adjust their expenditure mid-season in order to stay under the cap, and an indication of how they intended to do it.

Whether Wigan were actually able to pull this off or not is what will now be ruled upon.

Several people "in the know" are saying they expect a 4-point deduction, though an increasing number of others are now saying that we've just scraped through. Certain rival fans forecast more dire consequences. How any of these people actually know is beyond me, because at present only the RFL and the club accountants will have the relevant information.
- psycho -

Post by - psycho - »

GeoffN posted:
Saints, Bradford & Leeds all get 12 point deductions, we get nothing and go top.

Saints then get a £2million bill from the taxman and go bust.

We beat Bradford at Wembley, and Leeds at Old Trafford to do the double.

...then I wake up... :roll:
then i ring the padded cell people.
"what ever happens... we stick together... we stay together... we survive."

-------------------------------------
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

shawcross da warrior posted:
we have to have points deducted we signed fielden end of hes on a big wage we went over.....
I've said this loads of times, and yet again I have to say that this is not certain.

We released an absolute shedload of players last season, to compensate for us bringing one or two expensive players. Remember, we had no Rads for much of the year who was on a big contract, we got rid of Moron and quite a few others, and Fielden was the only expensive player we brought in. All the rest were cheap journeymen or kids or loan deals. Given that the RFL did check the books, and the number of players who we released, then it is possible that we were able to sign Fielden without going massively over the salary cap.

The clubs all know the rules, and I'm sure Wigan knew months before the rest of us did that they had exceeded the salary cap in 2005. Circumstances, particularly the injury crisis, meant we had little option in order to put out 17 players. And I'm sure the club knew last season how close they were to the salary cap limits when they were desperately trying to offload the likes of Kevin Brown and all the rest. When we signed Fielden we will have known exactly what that signing will have done to our salary levels. I think we probably were over the limit, but only by a small amount and that the club decided it was a gamble worth taking given that we were staring relegation in the face at the time.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
Poster

Post by Poster »

I think you make an excellent point in here the Club will know without having to be told .Although this goes off topic it is always a case of Mushroom Management when it comes to keeping the supporters informed, that is to keep them in the dark and occasionally throw manure over them .