Key Selections

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

Key Selections

Post by cpwigan »

:conf: For me what Nobby decides to do re Withers and Millard will be a key factor in determining our season. If he puts them both in v Wakey it will be a backward step.
fitzy

Re: Key Selections

Post by fitzy »

i agree totally ashton has proved he should start at fullback and at hooker higham and mcllorum are doing well so no need to include millard or withers in the squad
the big i

Post by the big i »

Millard won't be fit for a few weeks will he? I heard he is targeting the semi's for his comeback
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

cpwigan posted:
:conf: For me what Nobby decides to do re Withers and Millard will be a key factor in determining our season. If he puts them both in v Wakey it will be a backward step.
You say that, but they are part of the teams resources. Ashton is a special case, but the other youngsters need utilising in a way that aids their development in the longer term. that will require that they are not exposed by being played too much in their first real season. Having Withers and available does strengthen our squad.

I'd put Withers in on the bench and spell him with the backs if required. If we need to focus on defence and not attack in a particular situation, I would replace Ashton with Withers. I also thought Millard was out for a few more weeks yet.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
turf

Post by turf »

Why replace Ashton with Whithers??????? I don't understand that one, you've lost me (mind you that's not easy at the minute).

Ashton I think has done well the past few weeks.

Why change a winning system??????? :conf: :conf:

If it ain't broke, don't fix it!!!! :lol: :lol:
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

According to the Wigan Observer, Millard and Withers are both fit. Biggest doubt surrounds Hock BUT they are hoping. Mike I think we need McLlorum and Goulding getting better and better if we are to achieve anything this season. Millard and Withers will add nothing.
superleague

Post by superleague »

cpwigan posted:
According to the Wigan Observer, Millard and Withers are both fit. Biggest doubt surrounds Hock BUT they are hoping. Mike I think we need McLlorum and Goulding getting better and better if we are to achieve anything this season. Millard and Withers will add nothing.
hock is out for another week, spoke to him friday just gone.
the big i

Post by the big i »

superleague posted:
cpwigan posted:
Is it just a precaution?
superleague

Post by superleague »

the big i posted:
superleague posted:
cpwigan posted:
Is it just a precaution?
i think so as it was a dislocated shoulder he said it was still a bit tender and sore but will be ok for bradford.