Leeds lot

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
MrsLam

Leeds lot

Post by MrsLam »

Reading paper there's a lot of Leeds fans complaining as if it's wigan rugbys fault that they've had to change their fixture.
Like it says on the front page it's the RFL that are to blame, there was always a chance that we would win our two matches and they knew that latics had a game.

Could have been avoided if the rugby and football had got together and said latics can't play at home that day because of commitments to rugby. I can understand that some fans will be angry and have plans but isn't this also stupid? Leeds must have warned the fans that this was subject to change, and therefore leeds fans have expected wigan to lose to wakefield at home.

What i disagree with is the fan saying that it's not their fault that we share with a football club and we should have given up our home advantage for them to play on a friday night. Looks like it won't be a sell out tonight then if it's such a problem.
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
GeoffN

Re: Leeds lot

Post by GeoffN »

Last I heard, the RFL never confirmed it as Friday, just said it was 95% likely (presumably not expecting Wakey to beat Hull), then Leeds went ahead anyway.