Salary cap and Newton

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
- psycho -

Re: Salary cap and Newton

Post by - psycho - »

players that show passion:

feka
higham
richards (believe it or not, he isn't quiet, gave ashton a right telling at wakey on the highlights. has also started smiling :lol: )
hock
o'loughlin
o'carrol
prescott
hansen
bazza
mcllorum

mostly the home grown lads. hmmmm.

i don't want enwton back. id rather have higham starting and bring mcllorum into the team now. milalrd will be were he deserves to be this week. in the stands. step up young macca.
"what ever happens... we stick together... we stay together... we survive."

-------------------------------------
tiny tom

Post by tiny tom »

Why would we want newton back, lets face it he is a liability, i bet you within the next couple of games he is suspended again, i agree we need a new hooker, as well as full back and prop, but we shouldnt go spending crazily on anyone we need quality someone like vangana from bradford.
jimofwigan

Post by jimofwigan »

I have just watched "Boots n all" and listened to Eddie Hemmings read out and comment on the breach of the salary cap by St Helens Bradford and Wigan. However if you were to come in late on this topic you could be fogiven for thinking St Helens and Bradford had been found innocent of all charges. Why?St Helens are serial offenders when it comes to breaching the salary cap having been found guilty on two previous ocations Bradford are always crawling to Rrugby League and are given lighter sentances than Wigan for the same offence. I can,t believe we have been stupid enough to breach the cap again. If we have who has autherised the over-spend? Rugby League reviewed all our signings and approved them. I'm totally at a loss
jammie

Post by jammie »

if the rfl audited our accounts before giving the ok to sign fielden and everything was ok,who is to blame.it's got me stumped,i cannot believe we have breeched it some how between may to october,if we have then someone deserves a public flogging.
English by birth. Wigan by the grace of God.

Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

jammie posted:
if the rfl audited our accounts before giving the ok to sign fielden and everything was ok
Not necessarily. They have said "you can sign this player but you must reduce your wage bill by a further £pounds", and perhaps we failed to do so. We were almost giving players away to try and cut costs, and not every player who we tried to release was taken up by another club. I think it was Darryl Goulding who said at a Riversiders meeting that he was apparently close to leaving, and nobody told him until he heard that the deal had fallen through!
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]