Are we in serious trouble?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Wigan_forever1985

Are we in serious trouble?

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Just looking at the BBC report and our hearing has been scheduled later than the Bradford and Stains one, does this mean we are facing a bigger punishment therefore getting more time to prepare a case.

I am sick to the stomach with Wigan at the moment we have knowingly cheated by the looks of it and its pushing my support to the limit at the moment, what kind of state is this that we have to resort to cheating to stay in the league!

To be honest if i were a tigers fan i would be livid
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Wigan_forever1985

Re: Are we in serious trou...

To be honest morph regardless of cas's history im so p****d off that a club like wigan have to cheat! i think we should be punished heavily. I dont want to see Wigan in NL1 but if that what it takes to get rid of the slimeball idiots running this club at the moment then bring it on!. This is Wigan and we are cheating no two ways about it, yes other clubs are cheating and yes they should also be punished heavily but we cheated on purpose to stay in the league and im livid that my club has to resort to such tactics
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
DaveO

Re: Are we in serious trouble?

Post by DaveO »

Wigan_forever19 85 posted:
Just looking at the BBC report and our hearing has been scheduled later than the Bradford and Stains one, does this mean we are facing a bigger punishment therefore getting more time to prepare a case.
I thought the same but it is because we are playing on Thursday.

Dave
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

DaveO posted:
I thought the same but it is because we are playing on Thursday.

Dave
It might also be because we're reported to be pleading "not guilty".
ultimate warrior

Post by ultimate warrior »

To be honest morph regardless of cas's history im so p****d off that a club like wigan have to cheat! i think we should be punished heavily. I dont want to see Wigan in NL1 but if that what it takes to get rid of the slimeball idiots running this club at the moment then bring it on!. This is Wigan and we are cheating no two ways about it, yes other clubs are cheating and yes they should also be punished heavily but we cheated on purpose to stay in the league and im livid that my club has to resort to such tactics
Let us not forget that at the moment we havent actually been found guilty of anything.

If we are, then I can see your point.
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

So everyone else can cheat but not us? Is that what you're saying? With the infringement which cost us points last year (so 2005 season) we had little choice because if we hadn't spend money on players then we would have either not been able to pick a squad of 17 fit players, or we would have been raiding the local schools. And if we had not been deducted two points last year (which would still only be 4 points this year, not 12 as many people are bleating on about) then I doubt people would be being so hysteriacal about it this year. If there had been no punishment and therefore no publicity last year, people probably would never have even made a fuss about us signing Fielden and we would never have heard of the Castleford chairman.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
Wigan_forever1985

No im saying all the cheats should be heavily punished. I admit that the 2005 breach was down to the salary cap not encompassing enough situations and that still the cap in itself needs a hell of a lot of work. However last year (if true) we deliberatley signed players knowing it would push us over the cap, im not really concerned about other clubs but i do want them to get punished!. What i want to know is (if true) who gave the order to purposely break the cap its cheating and i do not want wigan to be accosiated with cheating
LORENZO

Post by LORENZO »

I cannot beieve that Mr Whelan would sanction our breaking of the salary cap whilst at the same time fighting wrong doing in football.This would put him in a poor light with the football public do you not think and would be very embarrassing for him.
Of course, this might have been done without his sanction and, if that serious, then he must sack MO.
Until I am told otherwise I believe this is a matter of interpretaion of the rules and that is why they are pleading 'not guilty'
I know it's difficult but let's just wait and see.
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

LORENZO posted:
I know it's difficult but let's just wait and see.
Very sensible. What happened to being innocent until proven guilty, which is the case for justice in this country (except for tv licence evasion, where you are guilty of not paying a licence unless you write to tell them you've not even got a television, paying for the stamp, envelope etc etc).
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]