Lam to stay ???

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
mrs_carney

Re: Lam to stay ???

Post by mrs_carney »

From what i read danny orr wants him to stay but he doesnt want to play another season because he doesnt think he can take it, hope he does stay though
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
mario

Post by mario »

the grinch posted:
lets get it cleared up luke robinson was released because maurice didnt think he was going to be good enough! what a lot of people dont know is in the deal to let him go to salford was a clause that said if he leaves salford wigan get first refusal! and unlike leeds with harris who had a hand shake on the deal wigan have it in writing. the salary cap was a way of moving luke on and not getting ripped to bits by the fans.
Whatever way you look at it Lindsey has f***** up!
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

Yet again little Luke is one of our best players, his work rate was brilliant tonight and his try was a great piece of work. Obviously not the kind of player Wigan want/need!?!?!
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

robjoenz posted:
Yet again little Luke is one of our best players, his work rate was brilliant tonight and his try was a great piece of work. Obviously not the kind of player Wigan want/need!?!?!
Letting Luke go has been a bigger mistake than Briscoe by a long way. Briscoe wa shown up v Wakey and wold not have got a game had he stayed here.

Luke OTOH could not be left out of the current Wigan side if the team were picked on merit. He would have a bench place for sure.

But, and it is a big but, had he stayed I am not convinced he would have solved or been ready to play scrum half full time. Impact player form the bench yes but up to the standard or Long, Jeffries Moran and others as a srum half? Not yet. The trouble is we won't get the chance to find out now.

Dave
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

DaveO posted:
But, and it is a big but, had he stayed I am not convinced he would have solved or been ready to play scrum half full time. Impact player form the bench yes but up to the standard or Long, Jeffries Moran and others as a srum half? Not yet. The trouble is we won't get the chance to find out now.

Dave
I agree with you there Dave, I'm not sure whether he'd be ready for first choice scrum-half. He is brilliant to shake things up a bit, but that's exactly how McGuire started out, playing bit parts, the same way as Luke did with Lam last season. I really think it'd be a very different story had Lam stayed fit and uninjured from last season and all through this.

The stupid thing is Luke is one for the future, he shows flashes of brilliance and now we've given him to our opposition!
wolftown warrior

Post by wolftown warrior »

agree, agree agree... he was fantastic off the bench! it was a great boost to just slip him in the game when the legs were getting tried on the oppo, in the last 20 of each half.. not a starter at srum half.. but we just couldn`t keep him cos of this fantasticlly fair 20/20 rule!!

and i also agree whole heartly.. he won`t be back..