Wigan breach fault of the RFL?

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
adrenalinxx

Re: Wigan breach fault of ...

Post by adrenalinxx »

mrs_carney posted:
It is.
Saints and Bradford were found guilty last year, like us but only fined. So Bradford should have to pay their suspended £15000 from last year and if we are all found guilty and deducted more points for reoffending then surely them two should be too, especially considering Saints have been guilty of it more than us.
The women on GMR said that Wigan had paid Dobsons parent to come over so I can believe that BUT that is not necessarily the only reason why Wigan went over the salary cap.

Wigan could have paid Dobsons parents to come over and still be under the salary cap.

mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

Maybe not. But if all was well for us to sign Fielden. What went on after his arrival?
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

adrenalinxx posted:

The women on GMR said that Wigan had paid Dobsons parent to come over so I can believe that BUT that is not necessarily the only reason why Wigan went over the salary cap.

Wigan could have paid Dobsons parents to come over and still be under the salary cap.
Depends if we only paid their travel expenses - if that is the only reason we are over the cap; then we will escape with a fine. As I think that you don't get point deductions until you spend £32000 over the cap? If however we spent money elsewhere or bought Dobson's parents a lear jet to come over then we may be in trouble...
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------