todays paper quotes

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
OAMJSONA

Re: todays paper quotes

Post by OAMJSONA »

I will have a little bet with you all in that we will be found no case to answer

wait and see
Wigan is and always will be a town of Cherry & White

Warrior4eva

Post by Warrior4eva »

OAM,

What would you like to bet. This is one bet I'd love to lose.

Not sure I will.
Bert's Medal

Post by Bert's Medal »

ste lord posted:
Also on of the sunday papers has Garry Schofield wrighting the rugby colum he was calling for all the clubs to have 12 points taken off,

But thats comoing from Garry Schofield
It'll be very interesting to note what he writes (if anything) in his next column about the Hull & KR fans scrapping.

Interestingly, Schofield didn't condemn Hull when they breached the SC or got double money when Gateshead saved them from going under :exc: :angry:
FROM A TO B

Post by FROM A TO B »

If there's one person I despise more than Sean Long, it's that cod eyed yorkshire dips**t.
:angry:
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

The thought of lashing the two of them together and throwing them in the mersey has helped while away many a long monday afternoon!
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------
fitzy

Post by fitzy »

I to a to b absolotley (spelling?) hate scofield what a p***k :angry:
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

I say we have a vote... the winner (somebody off this board) is appointed as head financier at the JJB for the 2008 season

would be mad

I would vote for... Bear
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
Champions

Post by Champions »

The only thing I have read in the papers what caused me concern with our 'breach' was in todays WEP.
Last year, the clubs agreed to double the scale of points deductions for breaking through the wages ceiling.
What remains unclear however is whether the new scale of penalties applies to breaches in 2006 or from the 2007 season onwards.
An RFL spokesman said: "Wigan would like their hearing to be under 2006 rules rather than the 2007 rules."However the RFL would like it done under 2007 rules. Therefore
they will attend a preliminary hearing on Thursday."
Can't see why we would be bothered... unless we were worried.
........and on the 8th day, God made Wigan Warriors!
al299

Post by al299 »

ancientnloyal posted:
I say we have a vote... the winner (somebody off this board) is appointed as head financier at the JJB for the 2008 season
It's gotta be turf - there wouldn't be any secrets then :wink: :o :D
adrenalinxx

Post by adrenalinxx »

Has anyone considered the only reason Wigan might be pleading not guilty is because they know they are up for a 12 points deduction so might as well try and argue them down to a lower points deduction as the penalty can't go higher than 12 points.

Also the RFL can not apply 2007 rules to the salary cap breach in 2006 because there is no way that Wigan could predict the rule change.

If the RFL use the 2007 rules then Wigan will take them to court and simple argue that the rules can not be applied retrospectively.