King to wire!

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Matthew

Re: King to wire!

Post by Matthew »

If he is getting £325K a season - then that means that a fifth of wire's salary cap goes on one player. He can't be that good
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
ultimate warrior

Post by ultimate warrior »

Matthew posted:
If he is getting £325K a season - then that means that a fifth of wire's salary cap goes on one player. He can't be that good
Nobody is worth that amount of one teams salary cap.
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

If he follows Morley's act of getting injured in the first game of the season - then wire will be in trouble. The squad will be pretty small if they are giving out contracts like that. Personally I am glad that we didn't sign him - it's too much of a gamble

Besides it can't be good for wire's morale for the team to know that one player is on pretty much double what everyone (top players included) is.
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
fitzy

Post by fitzy »

surley wire can't beunder the cap if they have offered him that kind of money wire to be docked 12 point's next season and mr king will be playing in NL1
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

no relegation after this year? franchise :conf:
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
adrenalinxx

Post by adrenalinxx »

lucky 13 posted:
no relegation after this year? franchise :conf:
I think the Franchise starts in 2009 which is when relegation/promotion does official end but you could argue that the team who finishes bottom in 2008 could just apply for the 2009 franchise and come straight back up.

If they want clubs to stick to the salary cap under the Franchise they should keep points deduction for small breaches but for bigger breaches just kick the club out of the Franchise....that might make a few people double check all there sums.
southern warrrior

Post by southern warrrior »

Matt King confirmed contract with warrington today funny that former garbage man going to garbage team !!!!!! :conf: