BREAKING TEAM NEWS!!!!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
turf

BREAKING TEAM NEWS!!!!

Post by turf »

According to the RLFansite under the three page thread entitled "team news":

Ashton has been dropped, Richards will play at Full back, Colbon will start on the wing.

To me, this is what it should have been last week, only for Pat's wife to go into labour, so Ashton ended up playing - and kicking.

That for me is a bad decision as Leeds have got some pace in their two wingers and are generally a fit, athletic fast team.

But hey, who knows, this maybe, just maybe the kick up the ar*e that CA needs/wants!! :) :) :) :)
Jake

Re: BREAKING TEAM NEWS!!!!

Post by Jake »

This is the way we should be going, Nobby must bring into the team who will be here after Ashton someone with a future and pride in the shirt personally I would not play Ashton again.
turf

Post by turf »

Jake posted:
personally I would not play Ashton again.
Just a LITTLE, TOO harsh there Jake my friend!!! :) :) :)

I wasn't saying he shouldn't be played again, but I am saying that this maybe the kick up the backside that CA wants/needs.

Personally, I think that this is the dropping that Noble "owed" Ashton if you like, for coming in last week unexpectedy last week
adrenalinxx

Post by adrenalinxx »

Perhaps Noble is looking how Richards plays at full back just in case Wigan can't sign a full back for next season.

Also if Richards plays well at full back and Colbon plays well on the wing then Wigan might look to spend money improving the forwards rather than the backs.
Rugbydav

Post by Rugbydav »

It wouldn't bother me if Ashton didn't play for the rest of the season.:o :o :o .... very average IMO

Some of his defence against Bratfort was appauling, my only concern with him being dropped is his speed ... I suppose we will find out this time tomorrow if dropping Ashton has been a good decision or not.
Enjoy your Rugby League ..... We do!!
adrenalinxx

Post by adrenalinxx »

Wigan won't have his speed next season and its not likely his replacement will be as quick so Wigan will just have to get used to it.
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

adrenalinxx posted:
Perhaps Noble is looking how Richards plays at full back just in case Wigan can't sign a full back for next season.

Also if Richards plays well at full back and Colbon plays well on the wing then Wigan might look to spend money improving the forwards rather than the backs.
Why would Noble risk something like that when Wigan are at the stage where they need to push for a playoff place, not try out positions for next year?? I can see what you're saying just i dont think thats why tbh
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

ancientnloyal posted:

Why would Noble risk something like that when Wigan are at the stage where they need to make sure they don't find themselves in a relegation fight if the RFL do as expected and dock us points, not try out positions for next year?? I can see what you're saying just i dont think thats why tbh
typo corrected...
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Matthew posted:
ancientnloyal posted:

Why would Noble risk something like that when Wigan are at the stage where they need to make sure they don't find themselves in a relegation fight if the RFL do as expected and dock us points, not try out positions for next year?? I can see what you're saying just i dont think thats why tbh
typo corrected...
True :lol:

slightly off topic but... how can 'team news' be 'breaking' ??
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
pedro

Post by pedro »

I'd play Colbon there. Hes faster than Richards and is probably a better tackler. Ifmhr goes well he could be the new long term replacement.