Re: Should Barrett have the captaincy?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
royston

Re: Should Barrett have the captaincy?

Post by royston »

trent should get the GB job, because after that insulting try from manu trent took the lead and showed what a captain he is. :roll:
MiThor

Re: Should Barrett have th...

Post by MiThor »

DaveO posted:
katie Lou posted:
It takes all sorts to be a captain not just plenty of gob.
That is just an excuse because you know Lockers fails in this respect.
O'Loughlin has improved over the past season and i think he will continue to do so. Also he is a Wigan lad who has been with this team for years. lets not give it to an Austrailian who has only been here five minutes. I'm not putting Barrett down, i think he is invaluable to the team. But leave O'loughlin where he is.
It should not matter where the player comes from or how long he has been here. If he is the best man for the job he should get it. The team comes first.

Barrett has more experience in his little finger than Lockers and that is why Barrett should be captain. He has been there and done it in the toughest competition in the world. It was a mistake by Millward to give the captaincy to a player with so little first grade experience and that still applies now.

Dave
a captain is supposed to lead by example, Lockers two claims to fame are he can take your eyebrows off without looking,and knockon for no other reason than someone gave him the ball, if the armband only goes to local lads please explain Graham West and Dean Bell, there were captains who led by example
Shevi 4 life

Post by Shevi 4 life »

I think we should give it feka
There expanding knowsley road from 3 car park spaces to 4
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

Barrett is the captain even if lockers walks out first and as the (C) near his name. but i would hope we had 13 captains on the pitch ready to mouth off not just lockers and trent.
turf

Post by turf »

Give it to Fielden/Hock/Ashton.
shawcross da warrior

Post by shawcross da warrior »

i say leave it as it is because there is only 1 boss out there and thats barrett with or without the name-tag......
markill

Post by markill »

lockers leads the defence at the line. changing his role as captain would be as questionable now as giving it him ahead of fletch last year
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
wrighty13

Post by wrighty13 »

Break him mentally ?? if Lockers played a captains role then he shud keep it, but like Hock, Higham and a few others Lockers only plays well when it suits him. As a Warriors fan for about 20yrs i feel these so called big players shud stand up and be counted.
For a guy thats only been at the club this season Barrett has shown more passion and commitment that many many others at the club. Barrett 4 captain.

while im on my high horse, i also feel TL would make a better hooker than a half back, not that he isnt doing a good job now.
Susi

Post by Susi »

Shevi 4 life posted:
I think we should give it feka
I'd agree to that. :)
However Lockers is not leading or talking to the team, he's an ok player just wonder if he's been given the Captaincy a little too young.
I know Faz did it from an eary age but he'd learnt how to off the great players around him.
I'm all for a local lad being captain but we need someone with strong leadership qualities. Lockers not got them yet.
I'm not sure if Barrett should get it, there are other candidates who have been here longer.
Give it to the best qualified player.
(rant over)
Antwigan

Post by Antwigan »

Fletcher for me
Campions of the rugby world.