Liam Colbon

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
CherryandWhiteandProud

Liam Colbon

Post by CherryandWhiteandProud »

Definatly a good hope for the future :D . Hope Noble has the sense to keep him, instead of selling him like Beswick, Robinson and Long were sold by other coachs. Major cock-up. I think if we had a team made up of players who progressed fro our acadamy only, we'd easily beat everyone. But some coaches do not have patience. :(
fred_flintstone

Re: Liam Colbon

Post by fred_flintstone »

Long and Robinson were released due to their off-field antics, Long was very lucky not to do time for his 'altercation'.
Eaststander

Post by Eaststander »

Liam Colbon was impressive on Thursday night. He's a very good prospect. Lets hope Wigan keep him.
WIGAN TILL I DIE
ultimate warrior

Post by ultimate warrior »

Wigan must keep hold of Colbon he is defo a player that has a big future in the game. From what I have seen of him he should be a regular in the team for the rest of this season, and many more to come.
ste lord

Post by ste lord »

LONG should have been hung!!!

Keep Wigan "Wigan"

butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

ultimate warrior posted:
Wigan must keep hold of Colbon he is defo a player that has a big future in the game. From what I have seen of him he should be a regular in the team for the rest of this season, and many more to come.
A mate of mine, told me that Liam didn't see a long term career in the game for him. Only on a minimal contract the last couple of years whilst he studied at college.
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

fred_flintstone posted:
Long and Robinson were released due to their off-field antics, Long was very lucky not to do time for his 'altercation'.
Whilst the likes of Beswick were squad players and not particularly stars for the future. Whilst they are all seemingly doing well at Widnes and such places, that doesn't necessarily mean they would have made it at Wigan. Even the oft-lauded Robinson is not consistent at Salford where he should be the driving force, if all the plaudits he gets on here are to be believed. Another quiet game for him today, by all accounts.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Do not read anything into players playing non SL. Every Widnes player looks good in that division. Whilst Smith and Beswick could just 'do a job' for a non top 4 SL club. That is all. Even Moran, James and Wilkes look good v rubbish.

Colbon is not young BTW. 22 if I remember correctly. However, I think he is a valuable player to have and retain in a SL squad.
WiganWarrior

Post by WiganWarrior »

What do people think of Colbon compared to Penny at the wire?
Wigan til i Die !!!!

"Its like a game of union the ball disappears for 3-4 tackles then appears to be kicked" BBC GMR
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

WiganWarrior posted:
What do people think of Colbon compared to Penny at the wire?
Haven't really seen enough of either of them to judge.