Not looking good for Salford:

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Banksy

Re: Not looking good for S...

Post by Banksy »

I don't think we will get a 6 point deduction as if we had such a large percentage over spent we wouldn't plead not guilty because it would be so obvious we have over spent. 2 points or no points is my prediction.
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

cpwigan posted:
:conf: Mmmm, Fraggle I thought the opposite. Nobody gained points to close in on our existing points total. So if we do get penalised, we will yes be in a pack of clubs BUT none will be too far from us. This should have been a period in the fixture list when lower clubs gained on the top 4 with all the top 4 playing each other for 2/3 rounds. It has not happened. Moreover, Salford are well and truly stuck at the bottom.
I've never had any worries about the bottom spot, although I would have loved Warrington to lose their last couple of games and be battling it out with Salford for the drop. And I can't see us actually losing 6 points; as I've said all along I can't see how we might have been bad enough for the maximum penalty. But I was hoping for us not to have too many other clubs around us for 6th place, to mean we had still a bit more control over our own destiny rather than also having to rely on others losing points. But I hadn't checked the fixtures, as Geoff listed, and it's not a bad run-in for us so I'm not that worried, we'll take points off our competitors.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
Bear

Post by Bear »

i Hope they go down hahaha
OOOOOO were the greatest club in the world!!!!
ultimate warrior

Post by ultimate warrior »

Banksy posted:
I don't think we will get a 6 point deduction as if we had such a large percentage over spent we wouldn't plead not guilty because it would be so obvious we have over spent. 2 points or no points is my prediction.
Have to agree with you on this one. There would be no point us pleading not guilty if we were so far over the sc. I hope we get 2 points at a maximum, cant realisticaly see it beeing more, but with the RFL you never can tell. It seems that everybody else wants us to get hamered with the max fine a points loss that is posible.
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

Fraggle posted:
butt monkey posted:
Should be an even number of clubs, either side of the Pennines, in the Super League. :D

Then us on God's side of the divide can stick together and start to dictate rubbish, that we have been getting from Yorkshire sides over the last decade or so. :D
Looking wider afield, this weekend has seen some potentially bad results for us. Whilst we're no longer under threat of a 12 point deduction, even a 6 point loss will drop us from 4th to 9th with the likes of Huddersfield, Warrington and Hull all getting victories over teams above them. The way the league is this season, after the first 3 it's still all to play for with respect to the other play-off places, and I think we really need to be in there this season.
Was looking at the table exactly the same as you Fraggle, and came to the same conclusion. Previous to these results, it was at worst a 6th placing in the table, looks miles worse if it were 9th.
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

GeoffN posted:
our fate's in our own hands. Unless we suddenly revert to the way we played against Wakey etc, we've a reasonably easy run-in. Apart from the two Saints games (and with current form of both teams I wouldn't write us off), we've got Catalans, Wire, Salford, Quins, Huddersfield & HKR.

Oh, and the Bulls at Wembley, of course...
Hopefully this time we will give KR a proper game!
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------
fitzy

Post by fitzy »

Hopefully this time we will give KR a proper game!
hopefully! :D