My unbiased assessment of fans from Hull

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Panchitta Marra

Re: My unbiased assessment...

Post by Panchitta Marra »

warrior till i die posted:
personally i think all fans are decent and you can have a good chat with them then they get on the beers and thats when the arguements happen,as with everyone with beer! salford fans can be portrayed as bad fans but last year i went to salford and wire and was in the salford end at the halliwell jones with my wigan top on. Me and their red army had a good conversation about millward and everything and they even ended up buying me a drink!
I guess it can go down to how the team is playing, and are they being wound up by the opposition suppotrers. I come from West Cumbria and know some Whitehaven supporters very well. They told me of incidents at their Hull KR away game last season where kids as young as 11 and 12 were being punched and kicked by the KR fans. There were arrests as a result. To me it seems more coommon place for trouble in Hull than any other Rugby League area. IMO.
fitzy

Post by fitzy »

hull and kr fan's do seem to be the worst offender's of violence in rl. I have heard that kr fan's wait for away fan's outside the gate's :(
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

On a related note, I'd like to nominate the Hull FC stewards as the most helpful & courteous.

I sometimes go with a group of wheelchair users, and they all say that the KC is by far the most user-friendly of any ground, including the JJB.

I don't get to Hull very often - too far for a Friday night after work, but I've never had any problems when I have.