Fullback rumours in the WEP:

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
GeoffN

Fullback rumours in the WEP:

Post by GeoffN »

http://www.wigantoday.net/warriors-news ... id=3034930

Briscoe (broken jaw) and Mathers (serious knee injury) in the running.

Wonder if they've considered a fully fit player?
ultimate warrior

Re: Fullback rumours in the WE...

Post by ultimate warrior »

Very doubtful with uncle Mo making the decisions. He does seem to like signing injured players.

What about Scot Grix from Widnes, he must be worth a look at.
Cruncher

Re: Fullback rumours in th...

Post by Cruncher »

ultimate warrior posted:
Very doubtful with uncle Mo making the decisions. He does seem to like signing injured players.

What about Scot Grix from Widnes, he must be worth a look at.
Let's be fair - these are still relatively young players, and neither appears to be suffering from a career-threatening injury. Either would do me for next season - I can't see that Pat's long-term future is at full-back.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

I reckon Cockayne would be an improvement on Ashton, Can score tries, is quite quick and from the games i've seen him play he ain't scared to put his body on the line
markill

Post by markill »

Cruncher posted: I can't see that Pat's long-term future is at full-back.

his support play probably isn't ever going to be good enough

briscoe does seem to get injured quite often.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
- psycho -

Post by - psycho - »

injured? or dropped?

cockayne, no go. just watch the try against catalans. awful. high kick, arms out, lets someone grab it, they score.
"what ever happens... we stick together... we stay together... we survive."

-------------------------------------
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

Really hope we sign Briscoe. never been a fan of mathers but he his still young and british. two bad knee injuries worrie me abit. Hodgson would be ok but he his 30 know and would only be here for 2 season. Theres no doubting this talent having aussie and NSW honours. but i would be looking to sign Briscoe on 4-5 year deal instead of a 2 year deal that hodgson will get. Anyway "IN NOBBY WE TRUST" lol
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

medlocke posted:
I reckon Cockayne would be an improvement on Ashton, Can score tries, is quite quick and from the games i've seen him play he ain't scared to put his body on the line
Cockayne also made a couple of schoolboy errors against Les frogs. Ok going forward, as you say, but very suspect in defence. Certainly not scared, I agree.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Panchitta Marra posted:
medlocke posted:
Cockayne also made a couple of schoolboy errors against Les frogs. Ok going forward, as you say, but very suspect in defence. Certainly not scared, I agree.
His defence could easily be worked on in the off season, the fact that he is commited in the tackle and will put his body on the line a la Rads, puts him in front of Ashton by a mile
wigan rugby

Post by wigan rugby »

Hawkeye posted:
Really hope we sign Briscoe. never been a fan of mathers but he his still young and british. two bad knee injuries worrie me abit. Hodgson would be ok but he his 30 know and would only be here for 2 season. Theres no doubting this talent having aussie and NSW honours. but i would be looking to sign Briscoe on 4-5 year deal instead of a 2 year deal that hodgson will get. Anyway "IN NOBBY WE TRUST" lol
I agree sign Briscoe
"We got the best club in all of the world
we got Barrett and Kenny
Edwards and Hanley
Boston and Kevin Irooooooooo
oooooooo ooooooooo ooooooooo"

Watch My Wigan Warriors Video On Youtube And Please Leave A Comment
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=6bFqmejJ0_8