anderson trying mind games!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
warriors10

anderson trying mind games!

Post by warriors10 »

i think Daniel Anderson is trying to play mind games by coming out and saying we are favorites for tomorow.
I think this shows they are fearing us
any thoughts ?
the big i

Re: anderson trying mind games...

Post by the big i »

Doubt that Nobby would take much notice of it, he'll be too busy about how we're doin ahead ahead of the game ......... i hope!
warriors10

Re: anderson trying mind g...

Post by warriors10 »

yea true
shows which manager is most confident about the match really doesnt it
Banksy

Post by Banksy »

Shows a weakness publicly admitting your team is under dogs where’s the faith in that. If Noble said that I wouldn't be happy.
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

He's just trying to sstoke up the mind games - and probably motivate his lot at the same time.

He is probably concerned that some of his team will be looking toward the bulls next week - as that in his eyes is probably a bigger game.

Considering we have beaten saints for quite a few games now, I don't think that we can be considered favourites - stevo certainly doesn't think so:

http://www.skysports.com/skysports/arti ... 27,00.html

And neither does millard:

http://www.sportinglife.com/rugbyleague ... 15442.html
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------
wigan/pier

Post by wigan/pier »

Nobby`s Girl posted:
The only reason Anderson has come out and said this, is so it covers his back if they loose, he`s already making excuses for it before it happens.

Its like saying...ok i`ll run the race but if i lose its because i have a broken leg!

Anyway, he`ll need a better excuse tomor night! Same will Long being named in the team, i dont think he will play. but saying his name in the team line up will make Wigan think uh`o! its all to try to put us of our game plan...Mr Anderson...it wont work with us!
Just what I was thinking... :wink:
If we don't ask questions we turn into sheep...and I don't trust the shepherds.
turf

Post by turf »

I'ts quite funny that he isn't complaining at the appointment of Klein as the referee, or Ian Smith as the VR after what he said about Bentham/Thaler last week!!!! :( :( :(
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

turf posted:
I'ts quite funny that he isn't complaining at the appointment of Klein as the referee, or Ian Smith as the VR after what he said about Bentham/Thaler last week!!!! :( :( :(
Spot on turfster!!
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

- psycho -

Post by - psycho - »

hmmm, i seem to recall him saying the same thing at the milleium magic......... what happened there? :conf:

however, this could work in our favoru as well as theirs. if the players get it into their heads that they could be favourites and can beat them, they'll feel more pressurised to perform as well as they can (bradford match after the wakey loss).

tell you what lads, get on that field tonight, tank them, and that will shut anderson up.....

..... oh no wait, no it wont, we've got klien, that's worth a complaint or two.
"what ever happens... we stick together... we stay together... we survive."

-------------------------------------
turf

Post by turf »

- psycho - posted:
we've got klien, that's worth a complaint or two.
It always is with Klein, no matter who he referees, nobody is satisfied with hims performance, and I am guessing it will be same again tonight.