The Rules, and Frequently Asked Questions - new users please read

Information and Rules for new message board users, plus FAQs for many common topics. Check here to see if your question has already been answered before posting on other forums.
the big i

Re: The Rules, and Frequen...

Post by the big i »

Nobby`s Girl posted:
:) (or it that banned at school)
You've got to log on to some website then log on there (cant remember the site though) :doz:
Antwigan

Post by Antwigan »

How do I view my previous posts? Can never find replies to my Q's on this board.

And when in 'view all messages' mode, rather than individual topic mode, I hit the 'new topic' button and the topic goes into which section? I got a warning for posting into incorrect area you see?
Keep up the good work.....Ant
Campions of the rugby world.
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

Antwigan posted:
How do I view my previous posts? Can never find replies to my Q's on this board.

And when in 'view all messages' mode, rather than individual topic mode, I hit the 'new topic' button and the topic goes into which section? I got a warning for posting into incorrect area you see?
Keep up the good work.....Ant
1 - try the "Search Site" option under the Archive menu on the left. As it stands, I don't think you can see all messages by a particular user.

2 - good question! I've no idea, but I would imagine the main Wigan Warriors bit of the message board. To be honest I find keeping the different sections helps to keep a handle on how many new messages there are to read...
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
BriH

Re: The Rules, and Frequently ...

Post by BriH »

Hi Dave or Fraggle. When I post a message, the script is barely visible and the Font looks like Lucinda Writing. Is this my fault i.e. my computer playing silly beggars? Any clues/ Thanks.
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

BriH posted:
Hi Dave or Fraggle. When I post a message, the script is barely visible and the Font looks like Lucinda Writing. Is this my fault i.e. my computer playing silly beggars? Any clues/ Thanks.
Could be something with your PC, I'm afraid. What web browser are you using? I use Firefox on the 2 machines I access this website on and have had no problems. That's not to say there are never problems with FF, but it seems a bit more difficult to break than Internet Explorer!
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

Fraggle posted:
BriH posted:
Could be something with your PC, I'm afraid. What web browser are you using? I use Firefox on the 2 machines I access this website on and have had no problems. That's not to say there are never problems with FF, but it seems a bit more difficult to break than Internet Explorer!
I had similar problems on another forum, switched over to Firefox and not had a problem since
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

BriH

Post by BriH »

Thanks for that. Unfortunately I also use Firefox! I've contacted Microsoft so I'll wait and see if they come up with any bright ideas! It's weird because it doesn't happen on every site.
Thanks anyway.
josie andrews

Re: The Rules, and Frequently ...

Post by josie andrews »

Moderators

Why do you sometimes block threads and not others.
I posted a thread then someone else posted the same and this one was not blocked even though it was stated that it was already on the board. Whereas another one was posted about a thread which was already on the site and it was blocked.

Thanks
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

josie andrews posted:
Moderators

I posted a thread then someone else posted the same and this one was not blocked even though it was stated that it was already on the board. Whereas another one was posted about a thread which was already on the site and it was blocked.

Thanks
I'll pop in here on behalf of the mods (I'm not one)! The simplest answer is that we've only got a handful of mods, and they're not always online, plus they don't have time to read every single thread. Nothing personal!

Also, they tend to be a bit less strict during the off-season, when there seems to be a lot more off-topic chitchat than once we've got real games to talk about!
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

GeoffN posted:
josie andrews posted:
Moderators

Thanks
I'll pop in here on behalf of the mods (I'm not one)! The simplest answer is that we've only got a handful of mods, and they're not always online, plus they don't have time to read every single thread. Nothing personal!

Also, they tend to be a bit less strict during the off-season, when there seems to be a lot more off-topic chitchat than once we've got real games to talk about!
Thanks Geoff.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan