salary cap problem next season ??

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
bertina

salary cap problem next season ??

Post by bertina »

After hearing from chairman Mo that we deferred payments to nine players last season until this season, then what does that say about the amount of money we will be paying out this season.
If all those deferments are to show in this season's accounts along with all this season's wages, including the addition of Trent and Lulu, then what chance do we have of staying under the cap?
If we're over again the RFL will nail us to the carpet.
cpwigan

Re: salary cap problem next se...

Post by cpwigan »

I surmise and HOPE that we accounted for those payments already which would explain our failure to sign another top prop and the bargain basement shopping with Withers and Millard.
kevsev

Re: salary cap problem nex...

Post by kevsev »

Isn't the £222000 overspend for 2006 the defered payments?

Surely if the RFL are taking it into account in the 2006 salary cap they can't take it again this year(2007)as well.

or am I missing something :conf: :conf:
Cruncher

Re: salary cap problem next se...

Post by Cruncher »

bertina posted:
After hearing from chairman Mo that we deferred payments to nine players last season until this season, then what does that say about the amount of money we will be paying out this season.
If all those deferments are to show in this season's accounts along with all this season's wages, including the addition of Trent and Lulu, then what chance do we have of staying under the cap?
If we're over again the RFL will nail us to the carpet.
But if the deferment of wages until this season was not accepted by the RFL - which it wasn't, hence our points deduction - then why should it be a problem next season? Unless Wigan appeal and win, that money is already considered to have been spent in 2006.

That's my reading of it, anyway.