A Wigan team I no longer want to support

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

Re: A Wigan team I no long...

Post by cpwigan »

The man is entitled to his opinion and I know how he feels. Simply not good enough was my conclusion. Worse still if you do not have the ability then you compensate for it with attitude (enthusiasm and determination). The great Wigan teams turned up weekl in week out BUT they got even better when it mattered most. Remind you of an team we know now? :( Gregory and Edwards controlled games. They dictated events. Not one player emerged with credit today.
beryl

Re: A Wigan team I no longer w...

Post by beryl »

TedMac posted:
Wembley is Wigan's Destiny..........

Attitude - Catalans
Skill - Catalans
Pride in the shirt - Catalans
Forward domination - Catalans
Mistakes - Wigan
Lack of ability - Wigan
Attacking skill and flair - Catalans
Defence - Catalans - easily

Forget the fightback - too little too late AS USUAL.

At least we won't have to be slaughtered at Wembley by a genuinely skilled, well-coached and well-run side - bloody Saints.

I watched my first Wigan match in 1958. As of today I will NOT be going to JJB any more and thats something I don't say lightly after 49 years.

Apart from a crap, unmotivated team, Noble has a lot to answer for. Aren't you supposed to go into a semi-final with all guns blazing??? What a joke.

I could watch RL of the quality Wigan have shown at
any amateur game any week. Bye Bye JJB. I've had some great times.
With regret
Ted McAvoy
:angry: if you had a saints friend like i have and she is also a latics supporter.you would be upset.they just did not turn up to play.this has happend all season.there is no excuse for this.get a
life. tina turner.
tina turner
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

I think what has been hardest to take was the manner of our loss. It wasn't that we were blown off of the field by a greatly superior team - it was the fact that our highly paid lot simply didn't seem to want to stop les cats scoring in the first 20 minutes.

Had les cats really been that good then it might have been different; however this is a side that we nilled a couple of months back. They are average at best - they finished bottom of the SL last year and it wouldn't be that much of a surprise if they did again this year. In a one off game we should have thrashed them - instead we wonder about dropping the ball and not defending.

It wasn't until les cats were 22 - 0 up that we collectively seemed to say, "hang on; we're losing here". By then it was too late.

I feel sorry for Brian Noble; because I guarantee that he didn't spend all week focusing on dropping the ball. He must have felt embarrassed by the team today.

stains will absolutely hammer les cats at Wembley - I woundn't be surprised to see them put 50 odd points on them and neither would I be surprised to see the press bench go for there "I was there" moment in history again and waste the Lance Todd trophy on the ******* horrendous **** that is sean long
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------
jerseyman

Post by jerseyman »

as fickle as 40 odd years How many years hae you supported Wigan This is a s supportrer who remembers when wigan players had pride in their performance. Gey yourself down to Walkabouut tonight and ask Fielden or Hock what do they think of their performance today? I hope you are od enough to get into this place
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

Matthew posted:
butt monkey posted:
Until fans understand, that this side has a lot of rebuilding to undergo over the next few years or so. Then disappointments like today's will be the norm.
Disappointments like today ARE the norm! Have you been watching the same side as me for the last 5 years??! It's closer to say that until fans accept that we aren't going to win anything any time soon they will be disappointed!

We have one of the best academies in the game; we are the biggest club in the game. We have been "rebuilding" for almost the entire SL era! That excuse will hold water for 2 seasons - three at a push; however we were almost relegated last year and haven't been in the top 6 for the last two seasons (and it looks doubtful for this season).
Mathew, that was the point I was making. We as Wigan fans. DO expect to win, regardless of opponents or our own quality.

Too many Coaching changes, and the effects for long term stategies alter (IMO) with each incoming Coach. I think that the (I think it was a 3 year) plan that Brian Noble has supposed to put in place, will only take effect from that point. It will only be after that point,it will be fair to criticise or pass judgement over his tenure. (I know you have not brought this up Matthew - other will)

I accept that this result (like so many) ARE upsetting and to a club like Wigan - could be (or is) regarded a disgrace.

What behind scenes problems (if any), that go on, are unbeknown to us. We shall let history dictate whether we will improve as a result of this loss.
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

TedMac posted:
Wembley is Wigan's Destiny..........

Attitude - Catalans
Skill - Catalans
Pride in the shirt - Catalans
Forward domination - Catalans
Mistakes - Wigan
Lack of ability - Wigan
Attacking skill and flair - Catalans
Defence - Catalans - easily

Forget the fightback - too little too late AS USUAL.

At least we won't have to be slaughtered at Wembley by a genuinely skilled, well-coached and well-run side - bloody Saints.

I watched my first Wigan match in 1958. As of today I will NOT be going to JJB any more and thats something I don't say lightly after 49 years.

Apart from a crap, unmotivated team, Noble has a lot to answer for. Aren't you supposed to go into a semi-final with all guns blazing??? What a joke.

I could watch RL of the quality Wigan have shown at
any amateur game any week. Bye Bye JJB. I've had some great times.
With regret
Ted McAvoy
WHAT AN IDIOT, we lost, get over it we are not in 1992 any more!!

sad idiot.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
jerseyman

Post by jerseyman »

What a plonker. Keep paying Hock, Fieldens and co beer money every week I Earn my money do you because these players do not
TedMac

Post by TedMac »

Interesting replies!!
It wasn't the semi-final that did it and, no, I don't expect Wigan to win all the time. What I expect, what I grew up with and what we saw up to recent years was a team with guts and a fanatical pride in the shirt. Anyone remember Shaun getting us a cup win at Hull when we were 21-2 (approx) down at half time. Anyone remember Platty hobbling and staggering off at Wembley after we just beat Saints?
It's not just about winning, it's about passion and determination. Where was the passion today or against KR or Wakefield - absent along with the skill.
Sorry, but I'm not a sad guy - the team I'm watching now isn't a real Wigan team.
Ted
Ted Mac
ellery

Post by ellery »

We are an extremely mediocre team burdened with a fantastic history. We are in danger of being the new Huddersfield, years in the wilderness having once been great. Our forwards are not good enough and we lack strike players in the second row and centres.We have not adjusted to the Summer era and it shows: badly run club, paranoid hatred by the cornershop keepers that run the sport now telling ( In the past we won despite it!) I feel so disillusioned as I can't see that anything is really improving. A new broom is needed if we are to compete with the alleged tax dodgers that are " the most succcessful team in the Summer era." :sad:
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

TedMac posted:
Interesting replies!!
It wasn't the semi-final that did it and, no, I don't expect Wigan to win all the time. What I expect, what I grew up with and what we saw up to recent years was a team with guts and a fanatical pride in the shirt. Anyone remember Shaun getting us a cup win at Hull when we were 21-2 (approx) down at half time. Anyone remember Platty hobbling and staggering off at Wembley after we just beat Saints?
It's not just about winning, it's about passion and determination. Where was the passion today or against KR or Wakefield - absent along with the skill.
Sorry, but I'm not a sad guy - the team I'm watching now isn't a real Wigan team.
Ted
Not a real Wigan team? elaborate a bit please. We are not the all conquering 1994 team from our glory days this is 2007 and THIS IS WIGAN NOW! accept it and stay loyal to your team... We have no god forsaken right to be at the top every season winning everything... Get over that we lost and get over that we are not a top 3 side because we're not.

This is Wigan Warriors, like it or lump it. 2007 not 1987
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame