Biggest Regrets

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
sheepdip

Re: Biggest Regrets

Post by sheepdip »

Getting beat by Oldham in CC I remember the night well, got pulled and breath tested on way home. Carted off to Wigan Police Station and put on machine. Just under the limit. That was a lesson learnt. 87 I think

Missing the last game at central park

going to 85 final but being too drunk and not remembering the game. Ferguson and kenny were the best two players I have ever seen.

Best memory 27-0 at wembley
"A STRONG LEEDS IS GOOD FOR THE GAME" (Gratian, H 2006)
The King

Post by The King »

gpartin posted:
Stopping playing rugby after getting my nose broken for the 3rd time, against Sale U21's and my 4th ever game in RahRah
You call that Rugby :blush:
Poster

Post by Poster »

cpwigan posted:
As a Wigan RLFC Supporter?

1) Not seeing Boston and McTigue live in their pomp

Anybody else?
Just to remind people of the CC match at Oldham Watersheddings in I think 1959 Wigan were down to be beaten yet again when Brian went over for a try near the posts in the first 5 mins 0-5 then rounded of by a BB special in the corner late in the second half to win 0-8. Seem to remember that BB was congratulated by some Oldham fan throwing a coin or stone at him. Oldham never again regained the dominence over Wigan from that day.
highland convert

Post by highland convert »

Playing union
Bendy Hendy

Post by Bendy Hendy »

Fujiman posted:
Losing at Oldham in the CC can't remember the year can still hear the commentator on the way home crowing about the millionaires being beaten
Cant remember the year myself, but it was at the water sheddings and it was full of snow and freezing!!!!!
THI CORNT RUN BOUT LEGS

GET AMUNGST UM
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Regarding the Salford CC match, I find it ironic that Steve Hampson was in that Salford team to end wigan's run, when he missed many a wembley fixture for wigan through injury.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

The King posted:
gpartin posted:
Stopping playing rugby after getting my nose broken for the 3rd time, against Sale U21's and my 4th ever game in RahRah
You call that Rugby :blush:
No, I played Rugby too :) I went for a trial for Manchester University as part of a bet with my mate from Luton, I didn't even understand the rules but got into the 2nd team, played twice then got into the 1st team. The third nose-break was the final nail in my sporting coffin.
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

pedro

Post by pedro »

Spending 1000's this year on these guys
Bert's Medal

Post by Bert's Medal »

sheepdip posted:
Getting beat by Oldham in CC I remember the night well, got pulled and breath tested on way home. Carted off to Wigan Police Station and put on machine. Just under the limit. That was a lesson learnt. 87 I think

going to 85 final but being too drunk and not remembering the game. Ferguson and kenny were the best two players I have ever seen.

Best memory 27-0 at wembley
Funnily enough Mick, I was with you on all of those occasions :exc: :wink: :D
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

booking my holidays this year around the sts game away i knew it would be on sky ,and the cc semi final which i thought we had no chance of getting this far ,in the end it was a bonus
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME