Chris Ashton and other comments from todays match

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Nicola#Warriors

Re: Chris Ashton and other...

Post by Nicola#Warriors »

jodie clark posted:
Nicola#Warriors posted:
jodie clark posted:
its an apsolute farce
what on earth are they thinking
we might aswell not have a captian with the way o'loghlin acts
his standard of rugby has dropped since he was given the responsibility
please nobby dont give him the captancy again :eusa10: :eusa10: :eusa10:
i thought after last season noble would have took it off him then but surely after performances like these he can't be captain next year!

not totally blaming him though there's 16 other men playing with him, well i say playing, but really i don't think you can call it that
im not blaming him either i think its time the team to stand up and be counted insted of playing like they are a walk over
but o'loughlin shoul when the opposition score a try that steamed from a dia attempt at defence or a mistake then he should stand them in a circle and tell the to get there fingers out but he doesnt he stands there with his head down and leaves barrett to it
IMO that is pathetic
he just isn't a leader which, at times like these is what we need the most!
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

medlocke posted:
Higham, Hock, Lockers, Veryleaky, sack the bastaerds.

Mcilorum in for Higham
Bailey in for Hock
Goulding in for Leaky
Anyone would be better than Sean " I feel like dancing" O'Loughlin.

Move Lulu to hooker with mcilorum
Bring Back Dobby

Buy a new Centre, Prop & Lock
:exc:
I need medication i agree again. (Shock Horror)

Hock - Local lad full of passion Average at best. Liablility and does not perform enough times in a season.

Higham - Over the hill send him back over the hill

Lockers- Hes a good player but is no world beater

Verycrappy - Give us the money back plz.
Doveoverdave

Post by Doveoverdave »

In denfece of the players it has got to be said that they have been let down by the club. The club is a continuing disaster area.

For the first time in years they have been relatively injury free this year and have fought tooth and nail to consolidate their fourth position in SL. They then give 3 sterling performances against the teams above that achieve 4 priceless points and really have the teams above them looking over their shoulders.

They were given reassurances, as were we all, that the club had nothing to fear by the investigation into the salary cap. Then came the 4 point deduction that could have been sorted 3 weeks before the semi - but no we (the club) had to defer matters until the semi final week and in this week we drop to 9th position in the league.

Mentally the players must be shattered. This whole sorry saga is not of their doing. They may justly feel that the whole RL world is against them. If they could have been in contention for some honours they may have been able to achieve some sort of seige mentality that may suffice for this season.

I fear it is now too late.

thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Doveoverdave posted:
In denfece of the players it has got to be said that they have been let down by the club. The club is a continuing disaster area.

For the first time in years they have been relatively injury free this year and have fought tooth and nail to consolidate their fourth position in SL. They then give 3 sterling performances against the teams above that achieve 4 priceless points and really have the teams above them looking over their shoulders.

They were given reassurances, as were we all, that the club had nothing to fear by the investigation into the salary cap. Then came the 4 point deduction that could have been sorted 3 weeks before the semi - but no we (the club) had to defer matters until the semi final week and in this week we drop to 9th position in the league.

Mentally the players must be shattered. This whole sorry saga is not of their doing. They may justly feel that the whole RL world is against them. If they could have been in contention for some honours they may have been able to achieve some sort of seige mentality that may suffice for this season.

Yes thats a big factor in the last 2 weeks. We do need some new players but we also need people who will run the club in a professional manner.

DW and MO has made us a laughingstock more than any player. And that includes DV
lancaster077

Post by lancaster077 »

No need to analyse, criticise players just one word sums up the club and its players.

CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!. :angry: :angry:
Bendy Hendy

Re: Chris Ashton

Post by Bendy Hendy »

Just got back. Our players have no pride, passion or backbone. In fact they are all a bunch of spineless muppets. The under 21s were fantastic, and could teach the first team a trick or too :angry:
THI CORNT RUN BOUT LEGS

GET AMUNGST UM
damien morrissey

Post by damien morrissey »

thegimble posted:
Doveoverdave posted:

Yes thats a big factor in the last 2 weeks. We do need some new players but we also need people who will run the club in a professional manner.

DW and MO has made us a laughingstock more than any player. And that includes DV
All the above is true but the club needs to draw a line and look at the underlying problems. At least when we spent a fortune on players they bloody performed. This shower of sh£&e displayed over the last 2 games is unaceptable.

we always have out motm and with the exception of a couple the rest of the team are abysmal. We cannot carry on in this vein. Lets get Mr Edwards down in a consultanty role in the club union off season and see where this goes.
There is no passion no fight and a general acceptance that if you have a dire game it doesnt matter there is always next week, the week after and so on.
I dont claim to know whats said behind closed doors but whatever is being said is clearly not enough.

As a nobby fan i am surprised by this but we need to change the status quo get a reaction out of the players instead of nonsense in the press about our intentions.
Bear

Re: Chris Ashton

Post by Bear »

What a waste of time... If we diddnt play Richards at FB It could have been worse
OOOOOO were the greatest club in the world!!!!
mario

Post by mario »

medlocke posted:
thegimble posted:
medlocke posted:
Come on Captain Fantastic, get the Boys playing, THIS IS YOUR JOB
Bullshit they are all responsible
WRONG Gimble, FAZ used to do it, why can't this curly haired Buffoon be a man and stick a rocket up their arses :angry:
He's not FAZ and there isn't a player in superleague that could do what faz did with the team.
damien morrissey

Post by damien morrissey »

mario posted:
medlocke posted:
thegimble posted: Bullshit they are all responsible
WRONG Gimble, FAZ used to do it, why can't this curly haired Buffoon be a man and stick a rocket up their arses :angry:
He's not FAZ and there isn't a player in superleague that could do what faz did with the team.
The thing is that we have the most likely candidate in SL in Trent but the club are too scared to admit they made a mistake and rectify it.
come on we wont be offended if we swop captaincy trent for lockers IF we start to challenge in games. :conf: