Chris Ashton and Our Centre's

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Shevi 4 life

Chris Ashton and Our Centre's

Post by Shevi 4 life »

Personally I think chris ashton is a very good attacking player and he is the quickest player in our squad but in defence he his very poor.

Release DV he is awful bring darrell goulding up i think if we can manage to keep hold of him he will be a good player for us. Phil Bailey is a second row he carries 3/4 when he runs and does more offloads than passes(set up a try for us today).

So when fletcher goes play bailey at second row

There expanding knowsley road from 3 car park spaces to 4
jaws1

Re: Chris Ashton and Our Centr...

Post by jaws1 »

So when fletcher goes play bailey at Centre.

Dont you mean second row????[/b]
fitzy

Re: Chris Ashton and Our C...

Post by fitzy »

bailey is not a centre at all you can tell by the way he run's the ball in he just put's his head down and drive's it in and doesn,t even consider the winger. it's simple bailey is a second rower through and through so when fletch goes move him to sr and goulding to starting centre
- psycho -

Post by - psycho - »

bailey made some good yards yesterday. however id bulk him up a little if he mvoes tos econd row.

when is nobby going to start goulding? christ, he came on, made 4 or 5 breaks and scored 2 trys. i can't remember either DV or bailry making 4 or 5 breaks all season.

he's quick, he's sharp, he's enthusiastic, and h has a good step, id play him and move bails to second row NOW. that way we can have fletcher covering prop.

richards
colbon
goulding
vaealiki
stanton

barrett
lueluia

feilden
higham
fletcher
hock
bailey
o'loughlin

feka
mcllorum
hansen
o'carrol/prescott

bench is stronger when you put feka on it, he could be used as impact after 20 minutes or so, so that if fletcher comes off, and hock or someone, we wont have hansen and a young prescott or o'carrol coming on offering us no experience, we'd ahve big feka coming on and being used properly as an impact player.

id give stanton a run out. and goulding starting. if a back should get injured eg a centre, im sure michael mcllorum could paly centre (similar build and not slow). or if a centre got injured, mvoe bails back there, or if FB gets injured, put goulding there and move bails back, you know, just experiment a little!
"what ever happens... we stick together... we stay together... we survive."

-------------------------------------
ultimate warrior

Post by ultimate warrior »

You make a very good point about Feka. Dont think we are using him to get the best impact from the big manBringing him off the bench running at a tiring defence. Think he would have a bigger impact coming on and being used like this.

Also the point you make about this leaving us with an experienced prop on the park all the game is very good. We do loose a lot when Feka is spelled, and for the first 20 he is not as effective as when teams are tiring.
fitzy

Post by fitzy »

I also think feka should be used as more of an impact player when the other team's forward's are getting tired and slow as one of feka's big run's could produce a nice break as long as we support him with a bout 3-5 players
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

- psycho - posted:
bailey made some good yards yesterday. however id bulk him up a little if he mvoes tos econd row.

when is nobby going to start goulding? christ, he came on, made 4 or 5 breaks and scored 2 trys. i can't remember either DV or bailry making 4 or 5 breaks all season.

he's quick, he's sharp, he's enthusiastic, and h has a good step, id play him and move bails to second row NOW. that way we can have fletcher covering prop.

richards
colbon
goulding
vaealiki
stanton

barrett
lueluia

feilden
higham
fletcher
hock
bailey
o'loughlin

feka
mcllorum
hansen
o'carrol/prescott

bench is stronger when you put feka on it, he could be used as impact after 20 minutes or so, so that if fletcher comes off, and hock or someone, we wont have hansen and a young prescott or o'carrol coming on offering us no experience, we'd ahve big feka coming on and being used properly as an impact player.

id give stanton a run out. and goulding starting. if a back should get injured eg a centre, im sure michael mcllorum could paly centre (similar build and not slow). or if a centre got injured, mvoe bails back there, or if FB gets injured, put goulding there and move bails back, you know, just experiment a little!
Goulding may deserve a start but Colbon and Stanton ain't going to scare anybody. And as for McIllorum at centre.... :lol: :eh:
mano

Post by mano »

PACE scare player not bodyzize ie kev penny 8 games ago when people were saying he is to thin to play 1st team 10trys later he is the 1st name on wire team sheet.
- psycho -

Post by - psycho - »

jinkin jimmy posted:
[Goulding may deserve a start but Colbon and Stanton ain't going to scare anybody. And as for McIllorum at centre.... :lol: :eh:
colbon and stanton both have pace. colbon chased down kevin penny, so he's slow right? or where you sat on your a**e at home not giving a damn?

as for mcllorum, i didn't say start him in the centres, what i mean is, he can quite easily cover that position, he has the build and phsique of a centre and he isnt short of a bit of pace. it's just an option incase any backs get injured or they get snipered from the south.
"what ever happens... we stick together... we stay together... we survive."

-------------------------------------
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I would loan Bailey out next season. Play Goulding and get a left centre. We have no need for Bailey in the back row unless he was to play loose forward. We currently have Hock, Hansen, Tomkins, Kavanagh, Mossop, Farrell as a production line of second rows. Likewise, I would release Hill.