Under 21's

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Brad5926

Under 21's

Post by Brad5926 »

If anyone was there before the warrington game on sunday and saw the u21's mince the warrington u21's then you will back me up on saying Ben Kavanagh(No 8)was absolutley out standing , i couldnt believe how many breaks he made and what pace he could pick up for being such a big lad, anyone else got any thoughts on hims , maybe even trying slipping him into the 1st team next year give the lad a go
- psycho -

Re: Under 21's

Post by - psycho - »

i only managed see the last 10 minutes of the U21s, so no i didn't see him. i saw calderwood throw a less than impressive pass though from a scrum :doz:
"what ever happens... we stick together... we stay together... we survive."

-------------------------------------
Bendy Hendy

Post by Bendy Hendy »

Brad5926 posted:
If anyone was there before the warrington game on sunday and saw the u21's mince the warrington u21's then you will back me up on saying Ben Kavanagh(No 8)was absolutley out standing , i couldnt believe how many breaks he made and what pace he could pick up for being such a big lad, anyone else got any thoughts on hims , maybe even trying slipping him into the 1st team next year give the lad a go
I saw the game, and what a performance the number 8 put in. Made some fantastic breaks up the middle and showed a good turn of pace. Also put some great tackles in defence. Definatly wouldnt be out of place in the first team, and deserves a chance after that performance. Was also very imppresed by Nicky Stanton. Very quick and elusive, and scored a brilliant try. Was more impressed by his tackling. Not the biggest of lads but boxes well above his weight in defence. Both deserve a chance. Also why is Hill out of favour for the first team??? He to ran very strong and put in some great hits. Come on Noby open your eyes, these lads deserve a chance, even if its off the bench
THI CORNT RUN BOUT LEGS

GET AMUNGST UM
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Mano is the move of Kavanagh to 8 deliberate? Do Wigan RLFC see him as a prop or is it simply because we have so many back rowers compared to front rowers?
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

Brad5926 posted:
he was the best player on the park by miles stanton backed him up well as did small on the other wing,sam tompkins had a decent game ,was nice to see alot of pride and passion in the shirt
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Kav has been quiet this season for me. Great to hear he played well. He is an absolute beast physically. Huge legs.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Who was our centre aswell i think it was. Number 4 , he looked massive.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

At a guess Sam Reay. He has played full back in the main.
fitzy

Post by fitzy »

I only saw the second half but was also impressed mainly by no.8 but also by stanton 2 good young players who's contract's we should be extending withe bonuses built in e.g. for a first team apperance they get a £500 bonus for appering for england a team they get £300 something to give the lad's an incentive to stay at the club.
new_fan

Post by new_fan »

Who was number 8? :conf:
AAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!