A week to decide

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
AncientWarrior

Re: A week to decide

Post by AncientWarrior »

The term "spirit of the salary cap" is a new concept which has been 'foisted' upon the RFL by the Independent Panel which heard Wigan's case. In civil and criminal law, the terms, "letter of the law" and "spirit of the law" are used mainly by Appeal Courts where a set of circumstances don't fit a 'black and white' image. The 'spirit of the law' is only used when the circumstances could not have been envisaged by the people who framed the law in the first place.

It appears to me that the Panel used the 'spirit' card because to do otherwise would have led to the most unpopular decision (outside of Wigan that is) since the inception of the salary cap!

The most interesting aspect now that we have this new concept is that the RFL must be bound by it and therefore in the interests of fair play then all salary cap submissions for 2006 should be reviewed to ascertain if they fall within the 'spirit of the salary cap'. DON'T HOLD YOUR BREATH!!!
A word of encouragement during a failure is worth more than an hour of praise after success.

DaveO

Post by DaveO »

GeoffN posted:
Well worth listening to the Lindsay interview on the latest podcast, too!

http://www.wiganwarriors.com/Events.asp?eventid=67
Skeletons in cupboard at other clubs who should not be so quick to slag Wigan off was one snippet I caught. Mirrors a similar comment from DW.

Never been paid at Wigan first or second time around was another.

I think you get a good impression about the depth of involvement Mo has had over the years in RL (not just Wigan) from that interview. OK he is blowing he is own trumpet a bit but you can't deny he did these things.

One thing he did I really was in favour of was the emerging nations world cup. I thought it was a great success watching the likes of Tonga play other island nations. It has not to my knowledge been repeated in the same way since so that is an example of how short sighted many are compared to Mo wth respect to the game as a whole.

Dave
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

DaveO posted:
GeoffN posted:
Well worth listening to the Lindsay interview on the latest podcast, too!

http://www.wiganwarriors.com/Events.asp?eventid=67
Skeletons in cupboard at other clubs who should not be so quick to slag Wigan off was one snippet I caught. Mirrors a similar comment from DW.

Never been paid at Wigan first or second time around was another.

I think you get a good impression about the depth of involvement Mo has had over the years in RL (not just Wigan) from that interview. OK he is blowing he is own trumpet a bit but you can't deny he did these things.

One thing he did I really was in favour of was the emerging nations world cup. I thought it was a great success watching the likes of Tonga play other island nations. It has not to my knowledge been repeated in the same way since so that is an example of how short sighted many are compared to Mo wth respect to the game as a whole.

Dave
there no argument hat mo as ben good for our game ,but his day his up and its the right time 4 him to step down ,or go back to red hall and sort that shambles out.
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME