Shaun Briscoe

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
- psycho -

Re: Shaun Briscoe

Post by - psycho - »

orthat henderson is going back to australia and they need a hooker to cover for newton when he comes off.... :doz:
"what ever happens... we stick together... we stay together... we survive."

-------------------------------------
- psycho -

Post by - psycho - »

'ffraid i wont be singing it. don't want him back. he's a liability and IMO higham is better and can add more flare to a game.

also young michael mcllorum, id hate for him to miss the chance of first team action.

Susi

Post by Susi »

Nobby`s Girl posted:
TWO EYED WARRIOR posted:
Nobby`s Girl posted:
Where you hear this??
NG Ive cut this out of the report from the above link

In addition, young stand-off Anthony Thackeray has been transferred to Castleford while hooker Wayne Godwin is understood to have agreed terms with Bradford for next season.

Ah right...Well good luck to Wagga then...supose Bradfords a bit closer for him.

Only means one thing to me!

NEWTON`S ON HIS WAY HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nobby`s Girl posted:
TWO EYED WARRIOR posted:
Nobby`s Girl posted:
Where you hear this??
NG Ive cut this out of the report from the above link

In addition, young stand-off Anthony Thackeray has been transferred to Castleford while hooker Wayne Godwin is understood to have agreed terms with Bradford for next season.

Ah right...Well good luck to Wagga then...supose Bradfords a bit closer for him.

Only means one thing to me!

NEWTON`S ON HIS WAY HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oh if only me tez was coming back. Don't go getting me and wombles hopes up again please. Hes not bradfords he's mine
- psycho -

Post by - psycho - »

higam isn't going anywhere.

- psycho -

Post by - psycho - »

he wont.

Doveoverdave

Post by Doveoverdave »

Talking of bringing people "home" what about Richie Mathers back from Aus as FB? He seemed to be shaping up well at Leeds prior to his move to Aus.

Things don't appear to be working out for the lad and he may be avaiable for a song, worth a punt at the right price?

He could turn out to be the buy of the season.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Shevi 4 life posted:
2 Words Salary Cap.We cannot afford to go over the salary cap for 4 years running
We can and it's official. The money Wigan didn't spend in 2006 we got deducted points for is being added to this and next years salary cap as a disocunt. So given we can't use this years portion (transfer deadline is passed) that leaves about £111K extra for us to dish out on wages in 2008 compared to other clubs.

Dave
Bendy Hendy

Post by Bendy Hendy »

TWO EYED WARRIOR posted:
Godwin to Bradford as well!

Problems at hull with the cap i reckon Oh dear Mrs Hetherington got something to do with that? and she slags wigan off hmmm!
Newton to wigan!! :D
THI CORNT RUN BOUT LEGS

GET AMUNGST UM
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

Newton? Drew?

We've already got Millard - we're supposed to be the biggest rugby league club in the world - not a retirement home for hookers.

Is hooker currently a problem position for us? We've got Higham and McIllorum - surely they will do for another season. We need to recruit a (at least one) prop, a fullback, a centre; rather than giving a last big pay day to a player (who whilst good in his time) who has a bullseye painted on him by the RFL
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------
Glynola

Post by Glynola »

Matthew posted:
Newton? Drew?

We've already got Millard - we're supposed to be the biggest rugby league club in the world - not a retirement home for hookers.

Is hooker currently a problem position for us? We've got Higham and McIllorum - surely they will do for another season. We need to recruit a (at least one) prop, a fullback, a centre; rather than giving a last big pay day to a player (who whilst good in his time) who has a bullseye painted on him by the RFL
Millard is retiring at the end of the season. I think hooker is a problem position for us as neither Higham or McIlorum (yet...) are good enough to be starting hooker.

As for a big pay day - hooker is one of the most important pivots in a team so we shouldn't be skimping! Whilst he wouldn't come cheap, Higham and Millard's salary would surely cover Newton's, and with McIlorum as back-up that's the way to go next season IMO!
Everything they do is so dramatic and flamboyant. It just makes me want to set myself on fire!