GB-NZ

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
mrs_carney

GB-NZ

Post by mrs_carney »

HOORAY!! Its back! Anyway moving on. Thought last nights game was so good, all the players played out their skins, shame for diskin though getting injured. Also i think next year our team will be amazing if carney, faz, o loughlin and newton kepp playing like they are now!
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
DaveO

Re: GB-NZ

Post by DaveO »

mrs_carney posted:
HOORAY!! Its back! Anyway moving on. Thought last nights game was so good, all the players played out their skins, shame for diskin though getting injured. Also i think next year our team will be amazing if carney, faz, o loughlin and newton kepp playing like they are now!
O'Loughlin is amazing. In the 2003 season people were sayihg he was the worst of the youngsters while in 2004 has has gone on to be the best. Not only that against NZ he topped the tackle count with 32 (Faz was second with 25).

So from nowhere he has gone on to e playing for GB and showing many established players how to do it.

Dave
kt4ever_1

Post by kt4ever_1 »

good game! Fantastic to watch! Not much i have to say just well done lads and hope to see you play like that next week.
Take me home wigan road to a place i belong wigan rugby not the latics take me home wigan road!
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

It were bloody freezing!
Another good game, think we flattered them letting in late tries. O'Loughlin is brilliant, I think he's benefited from all the attention McGuire has been given. I don't think McGuire has stood up to his expectations, although they were probably set too high for him. Great to see Carney back to his old self, a joy to watch and showing his ability to raise the team when it's needed, he'll be invaluable next week. I was a bit disappointed with Gleeson, he can tackle well but when going forward he seems to be greedy, again there were chances to put Carney through and he went inside to get tackled!
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

Mrs Carney, a grovelling apology is called for, your faith in your man has paid off good in the entire series leading upto his well deserved MOTM award last night, why was he throwing up at half time though, a bad curry on Friday??
Here's hoping he stays injury free next season and scores 39 tries :blush:
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

ian.birchall posted:
Mrs Carney, a grovelling apology is called for, your faith in your man has paid off good in the entire series leading upto his well deserved MOTM award last night, why was he throwing up at half time though, a bad curry on Friday??
Heres hopping he stays injury free next season and scores 39 tries :blush:
It's ok, i dont take things to heart! He was probably throwing up from the virus or summat odd like that.Gleeson didnt play too badly, he was a bit greedy at times but like he said, he has a lot to prove and probably wants to score some himself. O'loughlin has his good and bad games like everybody, but hes a great player and has proved anybody who doubted him wrong! Was an all round great game and fingers crossed for next week.
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

mrs_carney posted:
O'loughlin has his good and bad games like everybody,
He had far fewer bad games than just about anyone else in the entire team last season IMO. If they had all played like him we would have finished top of the league or at least in the top two. One of the most consistent players all season who has his brother in laws attitude to the game.

Dave
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

DaveO posted:
mrs_carney posted:
O'loughlin has his good and bad games like everybody,
He had far fewer bad games than just about anyone else in the entire team last season IMO. If they had all played like him we would have finished top of the league or at least in the top two. One of the most consistent players all season who has his brother in laws attitude to the game.

Dave
I'll go with that. I was a bit critical in 2003, lots of hype and Lockers didn't always live up to that, but this season he was outstanding particularly in defence. Plenty of tackles against opponents of all sizes, and I seem to recall he even tackled Adrian Lam on a couple of occasions! With no access to Sky I've not seen any of the test series, but I hope the experience will do him good and get him even more fired up for next year.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
Vaealikis Girl

Post by Vaealikis Girl »

mrs_carney posted:
Thought last nights game was so good, all the players played out their skins, shame for diskin though getting injured.
Speak for yourself, i got up at 5am to watch that! :wink: Just kidding, i'm a NZ supporter so i was quite disappointed with the way they played. Except for Alex Chan's try. Go Channy!!! :D

Congrats to GB though, they played a very good game of footy, quite entertaining too if only they hadn't been thrashing NZ. Felt terrible for Matt Diskin though. To get carried off the field 15 mins into your test debut would have to be a killer.

Not sure who i'll be going for in the final. I am an Aussie but i find some of our players a little too smug and i think they need to lose something. Though i will be going for our boy Hindmarsh! Good luck!
We'll miss you Freshy!!! Please come back!