Chev Walker In The Guardian

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
ancientnloyal

Re: Chev Walker In The Gua...

Post by ancientnloyal »

Walker may be cheaper than Vaealiki which is a bonus and would fit in nicely with richards... dont know about colbon due to his [colbon's] age/experience, leave that to goulding perhaps?

what side did he play? left or right?
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

farnsberg posted:
Don't want to sound like a tit here but I can tell you that Chev has trained with the Warriors several times this year. As far as I'm aware everything is set in place for him to become a Warrior next season. Just a few minor details to settle, or so I'm told, then he will be here.
I have also heard, that he had been training all week with the players. With a view to the club signing him.
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
chrisJJ

Post by chrisJJ »

Will Chev be on about the same as DV? if so.. sign him up!
To be the best
you have to beat the best
farnsberg

Post by farnsberg »

chrisJJ posted:
Will Chev be on about the same as DV? if so.. sign him up!
If he commands half as much as what DV is on then we are making a mistake signing him :lol: :lol:
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

Brad5926 posted:
get him in ASAP, hes a no nosense centre who could be the key to opening up Calderwoods chest of trys, he doesnt back down from no challenge and will give 100% every game
I am going to stick my neck out here as usual, and say that Chev Walker is not a good centre. He is lazy, not that fast, and IMO not worth the effort. I hope I dont have to repeat this comment later on next season by saying "I told you so".
shawcross da warrior

Post by shawcross da warrior »

i also tyhink he will have got slower but i think your wrong about him beibng lazy he was when he was at leeds a top quality centre and showed it with the try output him and calderwood shared together....

i would love to see him sign and partner calders in the backline.......
ChrisA

Post by ChrisA »

Panchitta Marra posted:
Brad5926 posted:
get him in ASAP, hes a no nosense centre who could be the key to opening up Calderwoods chest of trys, he doesnt back down from no challenge and will give 100% every game
I am going to stick my neck out here as usual, and say that Chev Walker is not a good centre. He is lazy, not that fast, and IMO not worth the effort. I hope I dont have to repeat this comment later on next season by saying "I told you so".
Walker is a good centre, he has pace and aggression, something we don't have in any of our centres. And as for creativity, ask Calderwood why he scored 30 tries the other season.