Latest News

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

Latest News

Post by cpwigan »

Gareth Hock has broke 2 bones in his hand. Any malicious rumours are just that.

The reason that Brian Foley and Stuart Wilkinson are under pressure re their jobs is that Nobby is incredibly angry because Wigan have lost 4 youngsters in the 14/15 yr age group to Bradford Bulls. The 4 youngsters includes Mike Ford's son. Within the backroom staff a lot of 'poop' is flying around as the respective people attempt to extricate themselves and/or blame others.
DaveO

Re: Latest News

Post by DaveO »

cpwigan posted:
Good (that the rumours are just rumours).
The reason that Brian Foley and Stuart Wilkinson are under pressure re their jobs ....
I thought you said these two had already been sacked/left the club?

Dave
bertina

Post by bertina »

cpwigan posted:

The reason that Brian Foley and Stuart Wilkinson are under pressure re their jobs is that Nobby is incredibly angry because Wigan have lost 4 youngsters in the 14/15 yr age group to Bradford Bulls. The 4 youngsters includes Mike Ford's son. Within the backroom staff a lot of 'poop' is flying around as the respective people attempt to extricate themselves and/or blame others.
CP, You seem to be relatively in the know about what's going on at the club, any news about which club has signed Jake Webster for next season? is it us?
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I will check re the state of play regarding Foley / Wilkinson. It may be that their jobs are under threat rather than gone.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I will try to find out Bertina
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

No mention of Webster

Come Sept 1st, the best players from the 21s want to leave the club. Financially, the club is in a bad state. By that I mean much of the salary is being eaten up by a handful of players. Young full time 1st team sqd members are being offered £6000 per season.

Danny Hill will be going to Hull KR

Joel Tomkins will stay at Widnes if they are promoted[He wants to stay there].

Young players are turning Wigan down because the club will not pay them any money. The club believes every junior will sign for them purely on the basis of the Wigan name. Unfortunately, those days are gone.
Cruncher

Post by Cruncher »

cpwigan posted:
No mention of Webster

Come Sept 1st, the best players from the 21s want to leave the club. Financially, the club is in a bad state. By that I mean much of the salary is being eaten up by a handful of players. Young full time 1st team sqd members are being offered £6000 per season.

Danny Hill will be going to Hull KR

Joel Tomkins will stay at Widnes if they are promoted[He wants to stay there].

Young players are turning Wigan down because the club will not pay them any money. The club believes every junior will sign for them purely on the basis of the Wigan name. Unfortunately, those days are gone.
So how do you square this information with the fact that we've now got new owners?

Or is this the policy of the new owners as well?

Or does your source not know what the policy of the new owners will be, in which case he or she is more out of touch, or out of date, than you might realise.

In fact, while we've got someone with inside info, let's go the whole hog. Who does your source say our new owners will be and when will it be announced? And who have we signed and who haven't we signed, and when will all this be announced? If you don't have the exact facts, don't worry - just tell us anything at all that your source has picked up.

And make it good - or we might start to wonder if your source (who at one point had Foley and Wilkinson sacked and now, mysteriously, doesn't) isn't that good after all.
Shevi 4 life

Post by Shevi 4 life »

Losing all the best u21's players is awful for the club they need to pay aussies less and the youngsters more it is a disgrace that they are paying youngsters peanuts and paying aussies bags of cash. i hope the new owners change this
There expanding knowsley road from 3 car park spaces to 4
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Cruncher, the new owners inherit existing contracts. Their hands are tied until those contracts end.

And if you want, I will simply stop posting what is quality info.
adrenalinxx

Post by adrenalinxx »

Last season some of the academy players were going to walk out on the club because the money they where getting didn't even cover the cost of petrol (for the ones lucky enough to have cars) to get to and from training and matches.

Am I correct in thinking there is a salary cap covering academy players to?