G.B Lineup

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
ChrisA

G.B Lineup

Post by ChrisA »

Only thing I would say is start with Mcguire and Harris, it worked much better than Mcguire and Long. Long and Mcguire are too similar in the way they like to play. Harris plays diferently and is better at setting up the outside backs. Long would be better coming off the bench as the Aussies tire out a little. Long has done anything wrong at all upto now, I just feel we can do better with that pairing.
mario

Re: G.B Lineup

Post by mario »

I'd start with Scully and Long and have o'loughlin start at loose forward, with Harris on the bench. I'd consider not even having Mcguire in the seventeen.
ChrisA

Post by ChrisA »

mario posted:
I'd start with Scully and Long and have o'loughlin start at loose forward, with Harris on the bench. I'd consider not even having Mcguire in the seventeen.
Dont agree, Scully is a loose forward. He's at his best when running with the ball and offloading, not being used as a ball player. I would have O'loughlin at loose and drop Ellis to the bench, along side Bailey, Harris and Long.
mario

Post by mario »

With Locky at 13,Faz at 12. Peacock 11, Morley 10. and Feilden 8, all who deserve to start leaves Scully at stand off and like Faz wherever he is, he'll do the job.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

I don't think Long has done very much in the series so far. He has made me quite glad we didn't sign him this winter. However, the final is not a time for experimentation, so I would go with him and McGuire with Harris on the bench.

I think the team need to pass the kicking in general play duties to Faz, with O'Loughlin as a backup when he is on the field. If we can improve our 6th tackle kicking, we can put the Aussies under far greater presure - it has been very poor so far.

My team would be

1. Wellens
2. Carney
3. Gleeson
4. Senior
5. Reardon
6. McGuire
7. Long
8. Morley
9. Newton
10. Fielden
11. Peacock
12. Farrell
13. Sculthorpe

14. O'Loughlin
15. Harris
16. Ellsi/Walker/Johnson
17. Bailey

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
ChrisA

Post by ChrisA »

Wow good way to contradict myself there :conf: , I never really thought that through. Ok i would have Scully at loose and O'loughlin on the bench and drop Ellis.
100% Warrior

Post by 100% Warrior »

My GB line up for the final tomorrow would be:

1. Wellens
2. Reardon
3. Senior
4. Gleeson
5. Carney
6. McGuire
7. Long (kicking must improve, though)
8. Fielden
9. Newton
10. Morley
11. Peacock
12. Farrell
13. Sculthorpe

14. Harris
15. Johnson
16. O'Loughlin
17. Bailey

Subs selected purely, apart from Bailey for the various positions they can cover in the event of injuries and still do a good job.
mario

Post by mario »

ChrisA posted:
Wow good way to contradict myself there :conf: , I never really thought that through. Ok i would have Scully at loose and O'loughlin on the bench and drop Ellis.
I agree about dropping Ellis!