GARRETH CARVELL

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
lucky 13

Re: GARRETH CARVELL

Post by lucky 13 »

Fielden came to us with the rap that he was one of the best props in RL , I would guess most of us would have on the large agreed to some extent with this .

Last year Coley who played at prop was thought to have had an outstanding season for Salford ,he played most of it at prop so I'm guessing he could fill the role especially in a team with more quality around him . Nobby rates him he took him on tour after all .

I would imagine that Wigan would make a few more signings another prop would be high on the list .
Being able to rotate the likes of Fielden Coley Fekka and lets say Carvell would make a big difference to our platform of go forward and allow us to break teams up a bit more our creative players would surely benefit from this and I'm sure we would see a return to form of Fielden with the reduced work load also a off season to sort him self out will be of some benefit .
Coley being signed as a straight replacement for Fletch is speculation and to me Fletch as played more like a prop in his better games anyway , his lack of mobility covering ground and tackling as been more prop than second row since he arrived .

We need to build a team everyone goes on about Saints and how they dominate but they have 4/5 props Fozzard, Graham, Kayless ,Fasalu and Hargreaves, we have took them on this season and its in that area they have beaten us 2 years ago people took Fozzard as at best an average player ,Graham was unheard of ,Fasalu was a second rower from RU and Kayliss was the quality hard working prop every team needs now they are the best as a Quartet in the league they compliment each others games and hopefully thats what we could do with the above, they look a match for them on paper . We also have two young lads we decided to keep instead of Hargreaves as our backup .

02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
ste lord

Post by ste lord »

carvell is not in the Hull side today it says he injured on text,

But if he was at the game on Friday it usualy means hes been dropped.

Keep Wigan "Wigan"

cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

The Bradford fans I talk to argued that bar one effort in the WCC, Fielden had been poor for a long time FOR THEM. Why,how I do not know BUT he looks like a players who does not know how to run / how to approach the would be tacklers. It is as if somebody has thrown a rugby ball to somebody who has never played a game of rugby in their entire life. I presume he is on an excellent salary too.

Our second rowers tend to be very tall, quite lean. We need thick set bruisers for props. It will never happen BUT jeez I would love to see someone like Price from the NZ Warriors wearing the Cherry n White.
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

Hes a cracking prop and would be a great signing i hope its true,but we need another prop as well.
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

cpwigan posted:
The Bradford fans I talk to argued that bar one effort in the WCC, Fielden had been poor for a long time FOR THEM. Why,how I do not know BUT he looks like a players who does not know how to run / how to approach the would be tacklers. It is as if somebody has thrown a rugby ball to somebody who has never played a game of rugby in their entire life. I presume he is on an excellent salary too.

Our second rowers tend to be very tall, quite lean. We need thick set bruisers for props. It will never happen BUT jeez I would love to see someone like Price from the NZ Warriors wearing the Cherry n White.
The reaction he gets off them speaks volumes , if he was not highly rated they would not be to bothered about him leaving Hock and Lockers are on the light side and we do need more bulk up front .
02/04/2010/

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

lucky 13 posted:
cpwigan posted:

The reaction he gets off them speaks volumes , if he was not highly rated they would not be to bothered about him leaving Hock and Lockers are on the light side and we do need more bulk up front .
He was voted in the bulls team of the century, think your talking to the minority
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

lucky 13 posted:

Coley being signed as a straight replacement for Fletch is speculation and to me
So what IS he being signed for then?

It can only be for one of two positions.

1. A second row (and we have enough of them).

2. A prop (and he is NOT a prop).

So why are we signing him?

Dave
LKC29

Post by LKC29 »

Is quentin Pongia now an agent? only reason I ask is that carvell was with him in the cherry and whites lounge after the game
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

DaveO posted:
lucky 13 posted:

Coley being signed as a straight replacement for Fletch is speculation and to me
So what IS he being signed for then?

It can only be for one of two positions.

1. A second row (and we have enough of them).

2. A prop (and he is NOT a prop).

So why are we signing him?

Dave
We don't know ,if Baily moves to the second row then he would be in effect taking Fletches place I think it's just about building a squad but I'm ''speculating''
02/04/2010/

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!