Your favourite Wigan Team

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
StevosShrink

Your favourite Wigan Team

Post by StevosShrink »

Hello all. Have followed Wigan for 12 years and this is my favourite team. Whats everyone elses?

Radlinski
Robinson
Connolly
Tuigamala
Offiah
Botica
Edwards
Platt
Dermott
Smith
Betts
Farrell
Hanley.

Clarke
Skerrett
Carney
Bell.

Fairly unbeatable I reckon!!!!!!
Claire

Re: Your favourite Wigan Team

Post by Claire »

Spooky!! Been talking about this with someone today. Been watchin Wigan for about 15 years and this is the team we came up with:

Radlinski
Robinson
Bell
Lydon
Carney
Botica
Gregory
Skerrett
Newton
Platt
Betts
Farrell
Hanley

Robinson
O'Loughlin
Cassidy
Clarke
Mike
Site Admin

Re: Your favourite Wigan Team

Post by Mike »

Hi

You can record your favourite team perminantly on this site. Just click on the "Favourite Teams" link in the left margin (2nd from bottom on the Supporters section), or go to the "My Control Panel" link at the top of the page.

You can record your favourite all time side, or those from each season's squad and other users can view and comment on your selections.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
DaveO

Re: Your favourite Wigan T...

Post by DaveO »

nitsua posted:
The 1994/1995 team. They were magnificent and won every trophy available.
You are probably right. The "mission impossible" season. We drew 18-18 with Bradford at CP if I recall correctly and went to Leeds to win the last game to clinch the championship.

Dave
ChrisA

Post by ChrisA »

Agreed, but you can pick single players from other seasons who where better players that what where in the 94/95 team. Namely Andy gregory, best s/h ive ever seen by a mile, although Alex Murphy was better according to my dad, but he's before my time I'm afraid so I cant comment.
Alex the Warrior

Post by Alex the Warrior »

nitsua posted:
The 1994/1995 team. They were magnificent and won every trophy available.

You are probably right. The "mission impossible" season. We drew 18-18 with Bradford at CP if I recall correctly and went to Leeds to win the last game to clinch the championship

'Mission Impossible' was 1990/1991 where we played 8 league games in about 2 and a half weeks to clinch the title. Right about the last two games though.

Then the week later, there was the cup final where our worn out lads beat the Stains again, but unfortunately, they managed to score against us in that game.
From Mission Impossible (1991) to The Great Escape (2006)