Coley confirmed

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

Re: Coley confirmed

Post by cpwigan »

:( I suppose it had to happen. Another Fielden, wrong physique for a prop and not quick enough to play in the back row. We will never win anything with hybrid props :angry:

Where does one start with Coley? Penalties? Mistakes? Thinking he is something other than a prop and not doing what a prop should do?

Gutted it has happened. So hoped it would be Carvell.
lancaster077

Post by lancaster077 »

I would have liked Mcarthy-Scarsbrook from Quins hes at the right age and a prop.
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

The thing that worries me most about the Coley signing is this quote from Maurice (already mentioned earlier in the thread:

"The announcement of Andy Coley today is an indication of our ambition"

I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks we should have higher ambitions than that.

Coley as a useful squad player, yes, but an "indication of our ambition"? Surely not.
standishwarrior

Post by standishwarrior »

GeoffN posted:
The thing that worries me most about the Coley signing is this quote from Maurice (already mentioned earlier in the thread:

"The announcement of Andy Coley today is an indication of our ambition"

I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks we should have higher ambitions than that.

Coley as a useful squad player, yes, but an "indication of our ambition"? Surely not.

i posted the same geoff!it doesnt show much ambition to me!however displeased i am at the signing all the wigan fans can do is give him a chance!hopefully he might prove us wrong
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

Give the lad a chance hes not even played a game for us and hes being slagged off.Nobby must have faith in him or he would not have signed for us.
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

jaws1 posted:
Give the lad a chance hes not even played a game for us and hes being slagged off.Nobby must have faith in him or he would not have signed for us.
Is it a case of 'he'll have to do?' if Noble has his eye on a quality fullback/centre to pay more in wages too?

as I said at the start we'll have:

Fielen
Coley
Feka
Ocarroll
Prescott

which looking around other SL teams is fairly decent
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

IMO he is just a stop gap player who can play prop/second row signed to replace Fletcher but not as good we need another prop as well as.
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

ancientnloyal posted:
jaws1 posted:
Is it a case of 'he'll have to do?' if Noble has his eye on a quality fullback/centre to pay more in wages too?

as I said at the start we'll have:

Fielen
Coley
Feka
Ocarroll
Prescott

which looking around other SL teams is fairly decent

Totally agree with you
WiganWarrior

Post by WiganWarrior »

I think for the money we probably got him for he will be worth it, if we paid over the odds he'd be a bad signing but judging by us dropping out of the race for quite a few others as we offered less looks like we have learned not to throw money at players and overspend.

I think if we replace Fletcher in the 2nd, then Coley will help us nicely at prop as we have missed that extra experience prop this year
Wigan til i Die !!!!

"Its like a game of union the ball disappears for 3-4 tackles then appears to be kicked" BBC GMR
MiThor

Post by MiThor »

pieater-alex posted:
lancaster077 posted:
Coly is leading the charts as the player who gives away the most penalties this year.
With Lockers and Hock i feel we will be in big trouble next year.

Coley needs to take the penalties out of his game.

nobby stated that contrary to rumours chev walker has not been training with wigan and has committed his future to bath and has NOT signed for wigan