(HOT NEWS) Barrett V Noble

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
medlocke

Re: (HOT NEWS) Barrett V ...

Post by medlocke »

DaveO posted:
If things have got to the stage where Barrett and Noble have fallen out big time it really is ridiculous.

I feel sorry for Barret having to play in this side. Without him we would be where Salford are now is my view.
If it got to the stage where it was one or the other had to go then my bet would be Noble as the fans would riot if Barrett went.

Who is more crucial to the team? Noble or Barrett and I would have to say Barrett.

Dave
I disagree, if Barrett had not signed, we maybe could of kept Dobson and Orr who IMO had a better partnership than trent & Tommy, lets face it last years team (last 10 games or so) were an unstoppable force, shame Barrett has come and all of a sudden everyone has forgotten how to play, we have become a one man team again, i say if anyone is to go it should be trent, send him to canberra in a swap with Dobbo
pedro

Post by pedro »

Thats only cos TL is so poor.
shawxshark

Post by shawxshark »

medlocke posted:
DaveO posted:
If things have got to the stage where Barrett and Noble have fallen out big time it really is ridiculous.

I feel sorry for Barret having to play in this side. Without him we would be where Salford are now is my view.
If it got to the stage where it was one or the other had to go then my bet would be Noble as the fans would riot if Barrett went.

Who is more crucial to the team? Noble or Barrett and I would have to say Barrett.

Dave
I disagree, if Barrett had not signed, we maybe could of kept Dobson and Orr who IMO had a better partnership than trent & Tommy, lets face it last years team (last 10 games or so) were an unstoppable force, shame Barrett has come and all of a sudden everyone has forgotten how to play, we have become a one man team again, i say if anyone is to go it should be trent, send him to canberra in a swap with Dobbo
i totally agree too. word is lenagan is good pals of shaun edwards and joe lydon is back with him too. i bet nobby wishes he took the leeds job when he had the chance. he's a good coach who has turned us around there is still more work to be done though. if shaun edwards does come back i would love to see faz come with him too. baz should be made mayor of wigan, without him this year we would be nothing, why has he not got the captaincy. he's a natural leader.
shawxshark

Post by shawxshark »

get rid of tommy and give one of the youngsters a go. and sign shontayne hape. and a decent prop to back up stu and feka
ste lord

Post by ste lord »

shawxshark posted:
get rid of tommy and give one of the youngsters a go. and sign shontayne hape. and a decent prop to back up stu and feka
Word is he may be on his way!

with Deacon coming in!!

Keep Wigan "Wigan"

Cruncher

Post by Cruncher »

ste lord posted:
shawxshark posted:
Word is he may be on his way!

with Deacon coming in!!
That would be a bad bit of business. Deacon a few years ago maybe, but he must be knocking on now, while TL is still quite young.

I've been disappointed by TL, but Deacon is surely close to being past it.
ste lord

Post by ste lord »

Deacon was in the year above me at school im 27 so he must be at least 28 so may be a little too old ??

Keep Wigan "Wigan"

adrenalinxx

Post by adrenalinxx »

If anything I would say Barrett would be more annoyed with the way Wigan attack than defend.

Noble is probably one of the best defensive coaches around, his tactics have been fine for me any defensive problems are due to mistakes by the players themselves.

If I was Barrett I would be annoyed by the way Wigan attack, there is no movement in the line so all Barrett does is pass the ball. In the NRL the rest of the players would run so Barrett could just pick out the player running into a gap or go himself.
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

medlocke posted:
DaveO posted:

Dave
Best post I've read in ages. That desire to do well we had at the end of last season has hardly materialised this year. I personally think we could have at least won the cup with the squad we had then. I'd be tempted to pay stacey jones a few quid to come out of retirement and play for us for a year.
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

right cross

Post by right cross »

what i would rather hear is that as a team,all the wigan players and coaches are on the same page ,not at each others throats but identifying the problems in the team and working together to solve them .

imo it does,nt matter who comes or goes but what does matter what they do on the pitch ?100% and no less if they can,t or won,t ,get the personel who will .