(HOT NEWS) Barrett V Noble

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

Re: (HOT NEWS) Barrett V ...

Post by cpwigan »

Alex, forget the myth, Kenny did not throw the match. He cleared up the confusion in at least two publications, one being the recent Wigan RL book, match of my life.
butt monkey

Re: (HOT NEWS) Barrett V Nobl...

Post by butt monkey »

Wigan Watcher posted:
Barrett V Noble

Barrett is not happy with Noble, he has had talks with the board and Noble about our defensive patterns with the main point being and it was not put across exactly like this but here goes. Noble does not know how to defend against a team.
Surely he should have taken his frustrations/arguments on Phil Veivers - our defense coach! :roll: :roll:
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
butt monkey

Re: (HOT NEWS) Barrett V Nobl...

Post by butt monkey »

Wigan Watcher posted:
Barrett V Noble

(Not confirmed) Noble will not see out his contract at Wigan, but these matters are serious and will be resolved one way or another.
So nothing more than another rumour then???????????
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

medlocke posted:
DaveO posted:
If things have got to the stage where Barrett and Noble have fallen out big time it really is ridiculous.

I feel sorry for Barret having to play in this side. Without him we would be where Salford are now is my view.
If it got to the stage where it was one or the other had to go then my bet would be Noble as the fans would riot if Barrett went.

Who is more crucial to the team? Noble or Barrett and I would have to say Barrett.

Dave
I disagree, if Barrett had not signed, we maybe could of kept Dobson and Orr who IMO had a better partnership than trent & Tommy,
We couldn't have kept Dobson as he was contracted to his NRL club and had every intention of going back as he has done.

I personally would have keep Orr and played him at scrum half rather than sign TL.

However despite TL's failings I doubt that pairing would have had us any higher up the league and what I am absolutely certain of is neither of them could have pulled games out of the fire the way Barrett has.

lets face it last years team (last 10 games or so) were an unstoppable force, shame Barrett has come and all of a sudden everyone has forgotten how to play, we have become a one man team again, i say if anyone is to go it should be trent, send him to canberra in a swap with Dobbo
I have said all season this years team is not as good as that the team that played the lat 10 games however you are barking up the wrong tree in focusing on Barrett as to why.

If we are a one man team its because the rest of the players are at fault and because we have no full back, lost Logan and Godwin, may as well have lost Fielden, Hock has gone backwards, Lockers has not improved etc etc.

As far as I am concerned the only players to put the effort or play well (sometimes both!) in this season have been Higham, Calders, Richards, Hansen and of course Barrett.

The rest have been a complete let down for one reason or another.

BTW if you think Barrett is on a mega wage don't forget St. George are still paying him!

Dave
Cruncher

Post by Cruncher »

butt monkey posted:
Wigan Watcher posted:
Barrett V Noble

(Not confirmed) Noble will not see out his contract at Wigan, but these matters are serious and will be resolved one way or another.
So nothing more than another rumour then???????????
It's worth remembering that, though he has a reputation for being accurate, the poster who started this thread has posted other things in the past which have simply not come to pass, and which he now never talks about.

A simple test (which other 'well-informed insiders' have also failed). If he knows so much about what's going on at the club, when will our new owner officially announce his ownership, and who are our deffo new signings for next year?

I'm not holding my breath.
Kuzio

Post by Kuzio »

Kenny did not throw any match, when I interviewed him for Wigan match of my life he explained he had taken out legal action on newspapers in australia and england who reported he did not throw the game.
Champions 2010
- psycho -

Post by - psycho - »

are you the real david kuzio? :o
"what ever happens... we stick together... we stay together... we survive."

-------------------------------------
Eaststander

Post by Eaststander »

I hope Barret's views are taken on board. Every member of the team should have a say.
On the point of a one man team I have to say I think we are!!
TL and Bailey are IMO rubbish and have done nothing at all. The rest except Feka and Richards are average players. Give the young lads a start they can't do any worse.
BUT the one point we all seem to be missing is:-
Had we not been docked 4 points we would be in 5th place today with HKR to play so could be 4th.
So even with an average team we would be in the play-offs. So Nobby must be doing something right?
Maybe he is a one trick pony but we will see. Whatever happens is out of our hands.
WIGAN TILL I DIE
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

He is Psycho
lancaster077

Post by lancaster077 »

I think this whole post is a load of cobblers if there was unreast you would be able to see it in our play but today we blew Hull KR off the park with some really committed performances.

If its this well documented how come the press hasnt got hold of it, its just utter garbage, Barrett vs Noble more like Ant vs Deck.

Has anybody noticed since Hock has not played we have played 100 times better? and conceded a whole lot less penalties.