Salford might do us a favour

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
DaveO

Salford might do us a favour

Post by DaveO »

With everyone saying we must beat Saints to win a play off spot on Friday it is by no means certain Wire will beat Salford.

As of today Wire have the following injury list all out for the season:

Rob Parker (fractured cheekbone), Mark Gleeson (dislocated elbow). Paul Wood (shoulder), Paul Johnson (neck), Stuart Reardon (shoulder), Mike Sullivan (arm) and Mike Cooper (leg)

Vinnie Anderson (back) and Simon Grix (ankle) are doubts for Friday.

And you can add to that Morley up before the beak after being sent off on Friday so they could be without him as well.

Given the points difference Wire are the only realistic challengers to our play off place and don't seen in great shape for their final game.

Dave
adiddy

Re: Salford might do us a favo...

Post by adiddy »

Agreed Daveo, I was thinking/hoping this myself! I think Salford will want to go out with their heads held high, and have an opportunity to do this against a very weakened wire team, and playing their final match at home!

Having said that Salford are also very weakened having released the players already signed for other teams, and to be sure, I hope our players rise to the occasion against stains, as stains will be doing everything in their power to stop us getting into the playoffs!!

Matt
Matthew

Re: Salford might do us a ...

Post by Matthew »

If we go into the game thinking that Salford might win - then we have lost already. Complacency has cost us dear this year - most notably in the CC. We can't really on anyone else to do this for us - we have to win this match

Salford will be fielding essentially a scratch team of players that have been unable to get into the bottom of the table team - so it is likely to be low on quality and high on inexperience. If you think that Salford have a chance then put some money on it!

We have to think of this game as a cup final - if we lose then I think that it will be season over for us
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

adiddy posted:
Having said that Salford are also very weakened having released the players already signed for other teams,
So Robinson and Coley etc won't be playing for them then? If so then puts a different slant on the game.

Don't see the point in Salford releasing them now. They will still have to pay them.

Dave
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

DaveO posted:
adiddy posted:
Having said that Salford are also very weakened having released the players already signed for other teams,
So Robinson and Coley etc won't be playing for them then? If so then puts a different slant on the game.

Don't see the point in Salford releasing them now. They will still have to pay them.

Dave
I thought Coley came off contract August 31 so they have a case for not playing him but I don't know why Robinson won't be playing - I just heard it on the radio over the weekend.
Wigan Watcher

Post by Wigan Watcher »

Salford 12 V 32 Warrington

for me.

Robinson not at Salford now.

loyal

Post by loyal »

All Wigan fans maul the Salford Forum with begs :D haha.. only joking! an idea though!
** THE BLOOD OF A WARRIOR RUNS THROUGH MY VEINS **
FROM A TO B

Post by FROM A TO B »

Don't give a stuff about top 6.
WE NEED TO BEAT SAINTS.

I can't go another season with those gits gloating. we're going to get chants of champions all Friday night, so lets do something to quieten them down.

We can all take the p**s about the fact they they bring more to the JJB than they do to their own home games, but facts remain the same. They have embarrased us all season and it's about time they had some payback.

PRIDE
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Jake

Post by Jake »

DaveO posted:
With everyone saying we must beat Saints to win a play off spot on Friday it is by no means certain Wire will beat Salford.

As of today Wire have the following injury list all out for the season:

Rob Parker (fractured cheekbone), Mark Gleeson (dislocated elbow). Paul Wood (shoulder), Paul Johnson (neck), Stuart Reardon (shoulder), Mike Sullivan (arm) and Mike Cooper (leg)

Vinnie Anderson (back) and Simon Grix (ankle) are doubts for Friday.

And you can add to that Morley up before the beak after being sent off on Friday so they could be without him as well.

Given the points difference Wire are the only realistic challengers to our play off place and don't seen in great shape for their final game.

Dave
I am going to the J.J.B.on friday for a win nothing less will mean anything, I don't care what other teams are doing we must beat saints the season is not finished yet, lets get stuck in.
Shevi 4 life

Post by Shevi 4 life »

dont know whether stains will be bothered, they have secured 1st might even rest some players for the playoffs if it was any other team than i would be confident of this
There expanding knowsley road from 3 car park spaces to 4