logan

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Matthew

Re: logan

Post by Matthew »

Doveoverdave posted:
JJ Posted;
Re Logan. It doesn't matter to me how he compares to your list. He did a solid job for us last year and we have replaced him with an 18yr old dwarf and a 20yr old who played second row at Leigh.
:lol: :lol: Classic!
And 100% accurate
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
lancaster077

Post by lancaster077 »

And is this the same Scott Logan who couldent run 10 yards without dropping the ball and the same Scott Logan that was released after only a year into his contract obviously Nobles judgement isnt good then.

I think your deluded if you think this guy is even good enough to pull on a Wigan shirt and i am in hysterics if you think hes a good player. Steven Wild is a flash in the pan and Tickle was never a good player for Wigan and that was a fact.

I cant belive i am hearing this it sounds to me the Wigan fans are settleing for mediocure players.

O'Carroll and Prescott are still young and learning there trade as is Goulding, Logan was supposed to be a seasoned prop if he was good why did Wigan relese him after only 1 season i think it was because he was crap.
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

although I agree with you on some points lancaster, didnt Logan want to return to Australia and wasnt released? or have I thought that wrong?
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
Dubs

Post by Dubs »

He wanted to go back to Australia he wasn't released. He was a good solid prop that ran the ball in hard and gave a good 60mins per game. Brought some much needed grunt to our pack and anyone who says otherwise IMO doesn't have a clue what they are talking about.
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

Simple question then:

Who, out of our current prop selection do you rate higher than Logan?
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

lancaster077

Post by lancaster077 »

Stop it, stop it, Im crying with laughter this is the funnyest thing ive ever heard on this forum :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
A good solid prop more like a good solid duck egg.
He was average at best.In 5 years time everyone will say Scott Who?
bertina

Post by bertina »

Dubs posted:
He wanted to go back to Australia he wasn't released. He was a good solid prop that ran the ball in hard and gave a good 60mins per game. Brought some much needed grunt to our pack and anyone who says otherwise IMO doesn't have a clue what they are talking about.
Absolutely 100% correct!!
bertina

Post by bertina »

lancaster077 posted:
Stop it, stop it, Im crying with laughter this is the funnyest thing ive ever heard on this forum :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I don't mean to be insulting, but if these are your honest opinions and not just a wind up, then you are definitely clueless about the game of rugby league.
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

lancaster077 posted:
Then answer the question - who out of our current props is better - and better now; not in 5 years time

Do you think that Jerry was better than him? Do you think that Harvey Howard was better than him?

Logan was only here for one season - it took Craig Smith longer than that to settle in

DaveO

Post by DaveO »

lancaster077 posted:
Is this what Wigan fans are content with, you lot think that Scott Logan was a good player ive never heard as much tosh spoken in all my life. Skettet,Cowie,O'Connor,Scott Quinnell they were good props these are the standard of props Wigan have had in the past i could name at least 10 props at Wigan that have been better than Logan. Please stop as my ribbs are hurting, Next you will be saying Tickle,Wild and Brown were good players too :lol: :lol: :lol:
Logan was as good as any of those props you mention.

He has just won his clubs player of the season award or something like that in the NRL.

Cowie was a workhorse but nothing flash. O'Connor was another grafter but has a bit of cult status with the fans.

Quninnell took far longer to become a good RL player than Logan did to settle in here. Quninell just got going and then we got rid!

Now Skerrett was something else but to say that saying Logon was a good player was tosh really is ridiculous. He was and is a good player.

Dave