Re: Are we .................

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
- psycho -

Post by - psycho - »

TWO EYED WARRIOR posted:
Deserving of a play off place this season, with relative poor form recently and inconsistant form early in the year do we deserve it?

Or In light of the points deduction we do deserve to get a place in the top 6 just to p**s the RFL off?
we've been good recently.

and yeah we do, sure we're inconsistant, but without points deduction, we could have challenged for fourth. we've shown we can compete with the top clubs and we've ebaten them, so lets see how it goes.
"what ever happens... we stick together... we stay together... we survive."

-------------------------------------
adrenalinxx

Re: Are we ..................

Post by adrenalinxx »

If Wigan had not been deducted points this season we would have a place in the top six by now, even if Wigan haven't been consistent they have still won games and played well at times.

adrenalinxx

Post by adrenalinxx »

TWO EYED WARRIOR posted:
adrenalinxx posted:
If Wigan had not been deducted points this season we would have a place in the top six by now, even if Wigan haven't been consistent they have still won games and played well at times.
yes or no then?
Sorry, it was a yes. I was trying to point out that even if a club doesn't win back to back matches as long as they win enough to get into the top six then they deserve it.

Its been hard work this season, there have been some poor performance but then there have been some good ones like against Leeds and Bradford a few months ago.
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

Yes. We are as consistent as anyone else outside the top 3.
j+jsgran

Post by j+jsgran »

Yes we deserve to be in the playoffs at least more than w>>>>>y warrington.
`I want to win something this year pls `
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

TWO EYED WARRIOR posted:
Deserving of a play off place this season, with relative poor form recently and inconsistant form early in the year do we deserve it?
I think it shows teams can get in the play-offs by not playing particularly well for quite a few games. But those are the rules.

If we went on and won it, would we deserve it more than Saints who won the league leaders trophy?

I think its a question of whether you think the play-offs are a fair way to decide it because in theory no one deserves the title champions than the side finishing top.

In my opinion the top 5 was better than top six. It was more complex but at least had the advantage that each team got a bit more reward the higher they finished.

So for example if Bradford finish 3rd and Leeds 2nd but neither would be knocked out if they lost the 2nd v 3rd playoff. Only 4 v 5 resulted in a team going out in the 1st round of the play-offs but 4's advantage was the home ground.

Another rfl cock up to move to top 6 IMO.
Or In light of the points deduction we do deserve to get a place in the top 6 just to p**s the RFL off?
I'd like us to win it to p**s the RFL off never mind make the six. We won't but after all that "spirit of the game rubbish" I'd love to them choke on handing ovber trophy and prize money.

Dave