Ian lanagan/chav walker

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
cpwigan

Re: Ian lanagan/chav walke...

Post by cpwigan »

Very rare for Mano to be wrong

Where the are Hull Kr getting the money from to fit so many players within the cap :conf: Made some good signings. Could be a decent team next year.
standishwarrior

Post by standishwarrior »

sounds like wigan wanted walker but didnt wanna pay the fee that bath were demanding!according to noble weve signed two players with another 2 or 3 in the pipeline! i wouldnt start panicing about lack of transfer activity just yet!
Cruncher

Post by Cruncher »

standishwarrior posted:
sounds like wigan wanted walker but didnt wanna pay the fee that bath were demanding!according to noble weve signed two players with another 2 or 3 in the pipeline! i wouldnt start panicing about lack of transfer activity just yet!
In which case it was short-sighted of those 'in the know' to say that the deal was done. How can a deal be done when a buyer refuses to pay the seller's asking-price? It's not done at all, it's nowhere near done - as this Walker farce has proved.

Some people on this board are way too quick to release stories and assure us that they're true.

We'll probably find that Ian Lenegan is the new chairman at Hull KR next.
standishwarrior

Post by standishwarrior »

Cruncher posted:
standishwarrior posted:
In which case it was short-sighted of those 'in the know' to say that the deal was done. How can a deal be done when a buyer refuses to pay the seller's asking-price? It's not done at all, it's nowhere near done - as this Walker farce has proved.

Some people on this board are way too quick to release stories and assure us that they're true.

spot on! i remember some1 stating that there mate was very good friends with walker and he signed for us age's ago!think he said before the semi final but couldnt say why he's not played for us yet!!take most things you read on here with a pinch of salt!!
Cruncher

Post by Cruncher »

standishwarrior posted:
Cruncher posted:
standishwarrior posted:

spot on! i remember some1 stating that there mate was very good friends with walker and he signed for us age's ago!think he said before the semi final but couldnt say why he's not played for us yet!!take most things you read on here with a pinch of salt!!
We should take EVERYTHING on here with a pinch of salt, that way we'll never be disappointed.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

standishwarrior posted:
HP or Tartar
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

Cruncher posted:
standishwarrior posted:
Cruncher posted: In which case it was short-sighted of those 'in the know' to say that the deal was done. How can a deal be done when a buyer refuses to pay the seller's asking-price? It's not done at all, it's nowhere near done - as this Walker farce has proved.

We should take EVERYTHING on here with a pinch of salt, that way we'll never be disappointed.
thats why its the rumour mill section. BTW i agree with Cruncher :conf:
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

Cruncher posted:
standishwarrior posted:

Brian Noble told me face to face we had signed Walker!! If this had happened to you would you have believed him? If you don't like rumours keep off the sodding board!!
Cruncher

Post by Cruncher »

jinkin jimmy posted:
Cruncher posted:
standishwarrior posted:

Brian Noble told me face to face we had signed Walker!! If this had happened to you would you have believed him?
I wouldn't after this, because what he told you was patently untrue.

As I said. We should take EVERYTHING we hear from even the most reliable-sounding sources with a pinch of salt. Rumours can be a lot of fun, but on this occasion people's hopes were stretched and then dashed. The only upside is that it was Chev Walker under discussion, not someone really, really good.

For what it's worth, I was assured by one of the Wigan training staff that we had definitely signed Matt King two days before he went to Warrington. I didn't post it, however - not because I'm naturally cautious, but because another fan who I go to watch the U21s with told me it was bollox and that King was off to Wire, thus causing some uncertainty. I only quote this example to illustrate that people you'd think would have totally reliable information sometimes don't.